Timo Boll

This user has no status.
Hey there, i was just thinking and what do you think if Timo Boll still has the possibility to win the WTTC or World Cup?
Because some say he is too old to beat the younger and faster chinese players, but i think that Timo Boll has not given up yet and he hasnt won a Olypmic Medal too, so he has what to work on. If someone has Timo Boll racket pictures what he uses that would be great! I am a big fan of him!!!

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I don't see superleague as being anywhere near the level of a WTTC, Zhang Jike lost his first 2 matches. On the big stage the mentality of a major world event is very different to national league, even with the quality that is in China. So personally I don't think Timo can no.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
This is 2005 World Cup final video against Wang Hao and he beat him 4:3, he beat Wang Liqin in QF 4:3 and Ma Lin in SF 4:3.
He has done it before and he could do it again only if his body would last extensive training.
We all know that he has been struggling with back injury for long time and this is keeping him back from hard training.
I think he still could beat all Chinese players if he could train 100% and then compete more as well.

This user has no status.
Boll definately uses the ALC and 2 T05's! He (and some other people i know (one of those works at the Butterfly Europe Central Store in Moers, Germany)) claims that he doesn't boost. And it's not like an official Q&A, like an interview, where the outcome would be obvious: "No he doesn't boost.", but also in confidential and friendly small-talk (with f.e. the butterfly guy)

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I've heard around that he uses a Timo Boll Spirit with Sriver-EL forehand and Sriver backhand, although the ITTF website claims he uses Timo Boll ALC with Tenergy 05 on both sides. Though I would rather believe the Timo Boll Spirit with Sriver rubbers.
he was using TBS and Sriver-EL and Sriver at speed glue time .

says Hello guys, I play the highest junior division in...
says Hello guys, I play the highest junior division in...
Jan 2012
Read 3 reviews
I don't see superleague as being anywhere near the level of a WTTC, Zhang Jike lost his first 2 matches. On the big stage the mentality of a major world event is very different to national league, even with the quality that is in China. So personally I don't think Timo can no.[/QUOTE/

I do not agree exactly. The Chinese Superleague is know to be the most prestigious table tennis league in the world. The Chinese top players does consider the CSL to be very important, and the mentality is amazing. As for Zhang Jike, I do not really know what is up with him to be honest. Timo Boll has proven his worth against the Chinese many times before, but it will be tough when facing more in a row. But you never know, he might be able to, and he might not.

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I do not agree exactly. The Chinese Superleague is know to be the most prestigious table tennis league in the world. The Chinese top players does consider the CSL to be very important, and the mentality is amazing. As for Zhang Jike, I do not really know what is up with him to be honest. Timo Boll has proven his worth against the Chinese many times before, but it will be tough when facing more in a row. But you never know, he might be able to, and he might not.

There is still a difference between the league and the World Championships and World Cup, there are even rule differences now, in the final set of the match you play to 7 points and 2 of the team matches are best of 3 instead of best of 5. The World Championships and World Cup are the ultimate goals for table tennis players around the world, there is definitely a difference in mentality.

Reactions: aythsu