Ma Long Tricky Service during Kuwait Open 2013

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
I like that mischevious expression on Ma Long's face when he does it haha trying to be sneaky and trick Zhang Jike because by that time I'm sure they knew each other playing styles and services well so it's hard to deceive. Service in TT is also about hiding your intentions and Ma Long does it well with his foxy face.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Haha yes I've used this a few times for some fun, definitely not in a major match tho :) Ma Long was 5-0 and 3-1 down in sets so probably was quite annoyed at that and thought he would throw the serve in. I can't think of any other reasons of doing this. Maybe trying to break the game up or throw of Zhang Jikes flow...

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Haha yes I've used this a few times for some fun, definitely not in a major match tho :) Ma Long was 5-0 and 3-1 down in sets so probably was quite annoyed at that and thought he would throw the serve in. I can't think of any other reasons of doing this. Maybe trying to break the game up or throw of Zhang Jikes flow...

Either that or he had no idea what else to do apart from be a clown and thought someone would make a video of it for youtube :p haha

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Yep, Ma Long knew the match was over so he figured, why not just get it over more quickly. It is a totally obvious serve where it cannot be anything but topspin. I don't think he was planning on winning any points with that serve. He did it a number of times in that last game of that match and lost most of those points.