ITTF Oceania Cup 2013

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
The Oceania Cup will stream on ITTV for the first time ever in 2013, a sure sign that the ITTF and table tennis around the world is growing in terms of event coverage and online media. The Oceania Cup is the qualifying event for the 2013 IC Cup which is the preliminary event to the World Cup. Players from Oceania have a tough battle to face to join the rest of the World with one male and one female qualifying from Oceania to join North America, South America and Africa at the Intercontinental Cup.

William%20Henzell.JPG

William Henzell is no doubt the favourite for the 2013 Event as the defending champion, but there is plenty of room for surprises and it should be entertaining to watch. Since the Morrocco Open is not streaming, why not follow the Oceania Cup this weekend! :)

Live Now

Reactions: Dan
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Now Live! :)

Semi Finals! William will face Phillip Xiao (NZL) and Robbie will battle it out with David Powell in the Oceania Cup semifinals!

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
In the men's semifinals Henzell ousts Xiao 4-0, despite Phillip holding an 8-1 lead in the 3rd set! Powell upsets the seedings by beating 2nd seed Robert Frank with comfort. Henzell and Powell will face off in the final, Powell in good form having returned from a season in Poland and beaten Henzell earlier this year in the Australian Top 8 tournament. It will be interesting!

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Wow well the women's final was quite a surprise. Li Chunli who was the top seed from New Zealand held a 3-1 lead over Miao Miao from Australia but Miao clawed her way back to win the match 4-3! It's one of the few occasions I've heard in Chunli's career of her losing to Miao Miao.

William Henzell managed to win the men's final 4-1 with reasonable comfort over David Powell.

According to William there won't be an interncontinental cup event this year so the players go directly to the World Cup this time! Great news!

Reactions: Jon From Oz