DHS Table Tennis paddly

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
Hi, all

Im a bit new to this forum and wanted to asked the pros here on my problems. So i have this DHS preassembled paddle at home which is decent which gives enough spin and control however, i started playing with it one day during summer and after playing i noticed that the rubber is starting to peel off the orange sponge a bit. How can i fix this so that the rubber can restick to the sponge or how can i prevent this from happening?

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Welcome to the forum Shiro, hope you like everything you find here :)

I am not to sure on this answer, however I think Super Glue should do the job. Perhaps you caught your bat on the side of the table to cause a slight tear/opener in the rubber top sheet and sponge.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Premade? Check.

Rubber separating from the sponge? Check.

Normal. This happens with crappy premade. You can try every bond on earth, and some will work for a spell, but soon enough, that bat will start to fall apart, usually the topsheet separates and curls up. Nothing you can do to stop it, that is going to happen.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
Welcome to the forum Shiro, hope you like everything you find here :)

I am not to sure on this answer, however I think Super Glue should do the job. Perhaps you caught your bat on the side of the table to cause a slight tear/opener in the rubber top sheet and sponge.

I didn't hit the table at all with this rubber. I was playing in the summer with this racket and after i was done i looked at the rubber and saw it was starting to peel off the sponge randomly.

Administrator
Oct 2010
Premade? Check.

Rubber separating from the sponge? Check.

Normal. This happens with crappy premade. You can try every bond on earth, and some will work for a spell, but soon enough, that bat will start to fall apart, usually the topsheet separates and curls up. Nothing you can do to stop it, that is going to happen.

I didn't hit the table at all with this rubber. I was playing in the summer with this racket and after i was done i looked at the rubber and saw it was starting to peel off the sponge randomly.

Der_Echte is right here Shrio, your bat is probably very cheaply made and will fall apart. Lots of beginner bats I have when I'm coaching after around 6 to 12 months begin to fall apart just through wear and tear really. I think investing into a half decent table tennis bat will do the trick, it will improve your game greatly to I am sure! :)