PDA

View Full Version : DHS Table Tennis paddly

Shiro
06-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Hi, all

Im a bit new to this forum and wanted to asked the pros here on my problems. So i have this DHS preassembled paddle at home which is decent which gives enough spin and control however, i started playing with it one day during summer and after playing i noticed that the rubber is starting to peel off the orange sponge a bit. How can i fix this so that the rubber can restick to the sponge or how can i prevent this from happening?

TableTennisDaily
07-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Welcome to the forum Shiro, hope you like everything you find here :)

I am not to sure on this answer, however I think Super Glue should do the job. Perhaps you caught your bat on the side of the table to cause a slight tear/opener in the rubber top sheet and sponge.

Der_Echte
07-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Premade? Check.

Rubber separating from the sponge? Check.

Normal. This happens with crappy premade. You can try every bond on earth, and some will work for a spell, but soon enough, that bat will start to fall apart, usually the topsheet separates and curls up. Nothing you can do to stop it, that is going to happen.

Der_Echte
07-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Another key word I failed to catch right away was summer.

Hot summer warps these pre-made rubbers really bad.

Shiro
07-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Welcome to the forum Shiro, hope you like everything you find here :)

I am not to sure on this answer, however I think Super Glue should do the job. Perhaps you caught your bat on the side of the table to cause a slight tear/opener in the rubber top sheet and sponge.

I didn't hit the table at all with this rubber. I was playing in the summer with this racket and after i was done i looked at the rubber and saw it was starting to peel off the sponge randomly.

TableTennisDaily
07-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Premade? Check.

Rubber separating from the sponge? Check.

Normal. This happens with crappy premade. You can try every bond on earth, and some will work for a spell, but soon enough, that bat will start to fall apart, usually the topsheet separates and curls up. Nothing you can do to stop it, that is going to happen.

I didn't hit the table at all with this rubber. I was playing in the summer with this racket and after i was done i looked at the rubber and saw it was starting to peel off the sponge randomly.

Der_Echte is right here Shrio, your bat is probably very cheaply made and will fall apart. Lots of beginner bats I have when I'm coaching after around 6 to 12 months begin to fall apart just through wear and tear really. I think investing into a half decent table tennis bat will do the trick, it will improve your game greatly to I am sure! :)

Shiro
07-01-2013, 10:43 PM
I will thinking about making my own custom bat thought but for now im trying to make my preassembled bat last as long as possible until i do so.