Table Tennis Shoes Recommendations

This user has no status.
Hey guys!
I would like to replace my table tennis shoes(which was given to me by my teammate) because it's clearly worn out. I "slide" when playing (even with damp cloth) so I guess that's a pretty significant sign to finally replace it.LOL

ATM, I found Joola, Stiga, Donic, Butterfly, Mizuno brands here selling TT shoes. I really want Mizuno and Butterfly shoes but I'm not quite sure about their authenticity. The rest are pretty authentic.

Can you recommend me some shoes based on the brands I mentioned? If you're using some from a particular brand that I mentioned, can you tell me it's features? And what should I consider when buying TT shoes? I want mine to last for at least 2-3 years.

Thanks guys!:)

This user has no status.
I suggest Mizuno Wave Drive or Wave Medal. Very comfortable shoes, especially when you have wide feet. The shoe sole is grippy, but not too grippy, so you won' t break your ankle. ;)

Nice! I have wide feet so that may suit me. Anyway, what's the difference between Mizuno Wave Drive and Medal?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I have wide feet to and find the Butterfly Energy Force trainers are great for this. I have a pair of Stiga trainers to, great attribute about them is Stiga trainers are very light.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: harveyaquino
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have a pair of Stiga Table Tennis shoes. They are the Center Court shoes. They are Stiga's "top of the line" shoes. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM. For the first 3 months they were great. But the material they use to make the shoes is really weak. They cannot support LATERAL MOVEMENT!!!!!!

On both the left and right shoe, the material of the upper (not the sole), is ripping at the sides on both the inside and the outside. Both shoes, INSIDE EDGE AND OUTSIDE EDGE, THE MATERIAL IS RIPPING FROM LATERAL MOVEMENT. On the inside of both shoes, from the big toe to the center of my inner arch, and on the outside, from my little toe towards the heel about 3 inches, the material is tearing from side to side movements. The soles are great. The shoes look great. 3 months of wear and they are just about done. I have never had a shoe or sneaker or trainer or what ever you want to call them, OF ANY KIND, fall apart like that. They are extremely light. But they cannot hold up to the stress of 3-5 days a week of play.

My previous pair of Table Tennis shoes lasted 3+ years and the sole wore out, the material never tore on the upper part of the shoe. The old ones were Butterfly.

This user has no status.
I have a pair of Stiga Table Tennis shoes. They are the Center Court shoes. They are Stiga's "top of the line" shoes. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM. For the first 3 months they were great. But the material they use to make the shoes is really weak. They cannot support LATERAL MOVEMENT!!!!!!

On both the left and right shoe, the material of the upper (not the sole), is ripping at the sides on both the inside and the outside. Both shoes, INSIDE EDGE AND OUTSIDE EDGE, THE MATERIAL IS RIPPING FROM LATERAL MOVEMENT. On the inside of both shoes, from the big toe to the center of my inner arch, and on the outside, from my little toe towards the heel about 3 inches, the material is tearing from side to side movements. The soles are great. The shoes look great. 3 months of wear and they are just about done. I have never had a shoe or sneaker or trainer or what ever you want to call them, OF ANY KIND, fall apart like that. They are extremely light. But they cannot hold up to the stress of 3-5 days a week of play.

My previous pair of Table Tennis shoes lasted 3+ years and the sole wore out, the material never tore on the upper part of the shoe. The old ones were Butterfly.

Whoa! Stiga shoes are on sale here and I'm quite tempted to buy the shoes you just mentioned. I'm glad I've created this thread to ask your opinions. Thanks for your input Sir Carl!

afaik butterfly shoes are rebranded asics. the gel blade 3 shoes that i have are pretty solid and have taken an absolute beating from me with no obvious signs of degradation (i am seriously hard on equipment). the upside is they are cheaper and may be easier to get hold of ... ymmv

This user has no status.
On of the response no one mention to you about genuine brand. A lot of fake shoes that are cheap. Be aware my kaibigan

Hey there! You're a Filipino? Baka may alam kang magandang pagbilhan ng authentic Butterfly shoes sa Philippines? May alam ako pagbilhan pero hindi ko sure kung authentic nga yun(from Wadjad Table Tennis) It makes no sense to buy expensive shoes that are not even authentic.

Thanks!

This user has no status.