I'm looking for new Rubbers

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
Hi there!

I'm looking for new Rubbers. Currently I play the Tenergy80 and Tenergy05.

But I must say, I miss this speed-glue effect. You know what I mean?
Sorry writing this on Google translater. Well let's continue with my description.

For my forehand I thought, I'll get the Xiom Omega V. What do you think? Is this good or covering well enough to play it?

For my backhand I am now still looking, I have absolutely no idea what is worth buying.
The rubber must have a long shelf life and have a good "speed glue" effect. It should not be too hard and not too soft. The best way between the hardness of 30-40. Yes, and it should not be expensive. But that does not first such a big role.

Would be glad if you could help me with my question!

Greetings
bFeee

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
Times it differently. A XIOM Rubber Plays softer than it actually is? All Rubbers are described with values ​​above 40.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
indeed, a hardness rating from one company wont be on the same scale as another.

so yeah for the likes of omega 4 asia that would be considered medium.. Omega 4 pro maybe a little harder.

i got this bit of info of xiom:

Omega V Tour has same hardness as Omega 4 Asia, Omega V Tour is considerably faster having same amount of spin.

Vega Japan is softer than Omega V Tour. Vega Japan is much slower with the possibility to give more spin to the ball

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
Ok!

I'm going to take the omega V in any case for the forehand.

In the backhand hmmm I do not know so well. 've Played at that time times the SAMBAplus. He was very, very soft. I just need a rubber as hard as any of the Tenergy 80 but then it also has good speed glue effect. For this purpose he must also hold for long. This does not mean only 2 months.

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
The rubber is so expensive. Would like to completely switch to XIOM. I do not know. = /

The T80 is actually really great. But if there is a good alternative then I'll make one!

Ah, yet said so. In the Tenergy rubbers I lack the speed glue effect

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I love my Joola Rhythm rubbers, really excellent control and spin. You have the choice of 3 different levels of hardness, I use the original 48 on my backhand to suit my fairly flat shot, and the 42.5 on my forehand. I had Joola Express One and Two before, which I got on quite well with but the Rhythm rubbers have the extra control that I definitely needed. Would definitely recommend them.

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
I've played the Rhythm by Joola. So the rubber really great but has a shelf life of 4-6 weeks. And that's enough! Unfortunately = /

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
I do not know how many times you play it. I play 4x a week for 2 hours. After 6 weeks my Rubbers are by ^ ^

With the Tenergy I play about 6-8 months. Is a huge difference.

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
Okay. In the coming weeks the shine goes off the rubber first. Then you realize solangsam that the rubber is worn out. And something is really crap! You pay so much money for a piece of rubber and can therefore play only a few weeks! I hope Dan also writes at that. I need to know how well the Stiga Rubber really is and if anyone has already tested the Omega V Tour!

Sorry for my english: O: D

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
Currently I'm interested in following Rubbers:

Stiga Calibra Tour M and S
Xiom Omega V Tour
Xiom Sigma Pro
Xiom Vega Japan
Xiom Vega Pro

This concerns me only to the backhand!

Speed ​​/ Control / hardness!
Can I shoot one of them with balls? How it looks with the topspin? How long are the rubbers durable? Just all the info you have please write;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Currently I'm interested in following Rubbers:

Stiga Calibra Tour M and S
Xiom Omega V Tour
Xiom Sigma Pro
Xiom Vega Japan
Xiom Vega Pro

This concerns me only to the backhand!

Speed ​​/ Control / hardness!
Can I shoot one of them with balls? How it looks with the topspin? How long are the rubbers durable? Just all the info you have please write;)

I've Sigma II Pro & Europein my possession and soon the Calibra Tour S (once It's shipped to me)
Pro vs 05
I can only compare to Tenergy 05/05FX as that's what I'm playing with. Sigma II Pro is bit harded than 05, faster with less spin. Very easy to lift backspin and very good for flicks. It's a high throw rubber, very bouncy so short game/serves are bit trickier and require adjustements.
Europe vs 05 FX
Sigma II Europe is a tad faster than 05-FX with less spin, about the same hardness with a medium-high throw. Since I'm a penhold player I didn't like S2EU on RPB at all. You have to try it in order to feel whether It's right for you.

Durability wise, I found the Xiom rubbers much more durable than the Tenergy. I play with them for 2 hours daily, 7 times a week and after a month the 05 shows signs of usage, while the Xioms look like new & play like(almost) new(they're 3 months old now).

Last edited:
says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
First of all thanks for the nice text!

Where can I find the Sigma medium and the Sigma2 Pro? In Germany, I can not find a shop that sells these?

In Germany, i can find only

Sigma Pro
Sigma Europe

Last edited:
says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
oO why are there all these varieties not in Germany? Omega V Pro, for example, in Germany there are not at all or it's just come out of the new V Tour