DHS Memo 2 vs Yasaka Mark V

So I currently use Butterfly Tackifire Drive, I am now recently thinking of replacing it on my forehand and it's a tie between DHS Memo 2 and Yasaka Mark V. I'm an looping attacker player who likes to get far away from the table and loop the ball over in slow topspins. From what I've heard the two rubbers are fairly similar in spin and speed but the Yasaka Mark V is supposedly more tacky, though I'm not sure what that means. Could you please leave your thoughts on this.

This user has no status.
So I currently use Butterfly Tackifire Drive, I am now recently thinking of replacing it on my forehand and it's a tie between DHS Memo 2 and Yasaka Mark V. I'm an looping attacker player who likes to get far away from the table and loop the ball over in slow topspins. From what I've heard the two rubbers are fairly similar in spin and speed but the Yasaka Mark V is supposedly more tacky, though I'm not sure what that means. Could you please leave your thoughts on this.

I played with markV 2.0mm for more then 2 or 3 years,in speed glue era.
It was one of the most controlled rubbers i played with at time,in any stance.
For the game of nowadays,i would recommend Aurus normal version or if you can afford it,an andro rasant,just heard well of it,and both seem pretty similar in most ways.Both of them got great control and pretty good spin and speed.Good for loopers and allround players,with an agressive feeling.
Tacky rubbers got something like glutinosity on topsheet,which normally is better to "grab" the ball better,being mostly used for loopers and choppers.
As for the tackiest rubber, look at DHS Hurricane, Skyline and Haifu Blue Whale rubbers.
The advantage that tacky rubbers have is that the rubber will grip the ball at more extreme angles than non tacky rubbers will.
It is generally a little slower and can provide slow loops with heavy spin.
Also,the ones i mentioned are pretty cheaper then Aurus,tensors can be a good choice,but still pricy.
Tacky rubbers need a better technique and an more athletic physic-state when for fast-hard looping,since they are not that fast with only arm movement,they need the body to put strenght on it,while non-tacky are easier to generate speed,cuz the sponge is softer then chinese tacky ones,and normally the topsheets too.
Hope i've helped.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Well if that's the case then could I also get some insight on more popular rubbers such as DHS Hurricane series or DHS Skyline series

Tacky rubbers with hard sponge. Very slow on european type stroke and they demand a huge chinese style stroke (tons of spin). To exploit their full potentional you need to boost the sponge :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I have Memo 2 FH and TNT BH on a DHS carbon cpen CW-D. Not sure of their individual weight but the whole setup is a heavy 192g. I also have Mark V FH and R7 BH on a YEO which weight 180g. Memo 2 has a medium hard sponge not far from Neo TG3. Top sheet is non-tacky but grippy similar to Mark V. Memo 2 gives a nice bounce and great spin. Hard sponge and non-tacky top sheet may not be good for slow topspin that you prefer. I get more feedback from the soft Mark V on YEO than Memo 2 on a fast carbon blade. Worth a try for the low price.