PDA

View Full Version : "Weapon" almost ready - on boost stage !

Kenta Cipriano
07-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Hi,

My gear already arrived,and today i tried tg2neo on my blade,which i loved,but i wanted more,more speed.
So im boosting it right now,to see if it brings that effect im missing .
Since is the first time im using booster,or even this kinda rubber(chinese),i would like to receive some advices how should i use the boost on tg2neo.
Thanks in advance.

Keep trainin'
:)

kjanko
07-04-2013, 01:37 AM
It hasn't curled yet?

Kenta Cipriano
07-04-2013, 02:00 AM
It hasn't curled yet?

Hi kjanko (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/member.php?9360-kjanko) ,
thanks for replying.
At the photo the rubber doesnt have booster yet,i was preparing the stuff to do so.
I just did one thin layer of it right now and im waiting for it to dry,then im going to apply another layer.
What do you think of ?

Der_Echte
07-04-2013, 02:12 AM
If you are boosting, you will need to do several layers and allow the stuff to sit there a day or so before attempting to glue it.

For a rubber you are familiar with, tuning will give you noticeable jump in spin and some speed, but not nearly that of a properly speed glued rubber, yet still a noticeable improvement over an un-glued rubber.

Kenta Cipriano
07-04-2013, 02:25 AM
Nice to know that :)
I have just layed the 2nd layer of falco long booster(2mnts ago),and it didnt curl yet.
Lets see how it goes.
Im thinking to add a maximum of 3 layers.
What do you think?
Thanks btw

Kenta Cipriano
07-04-2013, 03:54 AM
3th layer just started,without no dome til now.

kjanko
07-04-2013, 05:02 AM
Add 6-7 layers

Kenta Cipriano
07-04-2013, 07:18 AM
After 3h30 of applying the 3th layer,its started curving.
Falco recommended 3 layers on chinese rubbers,to get optimal performance.
Would you think i should put more layers?
thanks

MDanielCRO
07-04-2013, 08:24 AM
thanks

Don't put any more layers, this will be enough because if you put too much rubber could go over 4 mm and it would be illegal, and your sponge could separate from topsheet, be careful

WiWa
07-04-2013, 11:10 AM
thanks

Looks like a decent curve :p If you are trying booster for the first time I'd say just try it now with 3 layers, I think u will notice the difference. By applying more layers u risk damaging the rubber. Make sure to let the rubber flat out alot before applying it onto the blade, and when u have glued it to the blade place a stack of books or something similar on it for a day or more. Else ur edges will start curling and get loose from the blade.

decoy
07-04-2013, 11:56 AM
when i used Falco long boost i would get my rubbers to curl like Swiss rolls( including DHS rubbers) .. for quicker affect you could try the glass method. apply booster on sponge then sponge down on a glass surface and some weight on top.. this helps with the first few layers as they get to soak in deeper. after that u should have a decent curl. almost swiss from there you can apply in open air i guess of keep using glass method.. one thing though once you go Swiss it will take a good few days to comedown for you to be even thinking of gluing it to a blade... but liek some said you dont want too much straight away.

id leave it a t 3 for now play with it for like 3 weeks then if you think you can handle more add another layer or two thin ones and play for another 3 weeks.

UpSideDownCarl
07-04-2013, 01:30 PM
I saw something that reported that, with Falco Tempo Long Boost, the dome takes a long time to appear, sometimes several hours. But 2 or 3 layers should be enough. Has it begun to dome up yet?

Kenta Cipriano
07-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks for all replies
The rubber has domed a bit more after several hours(still with 3 layers only)
I will let the dome go down,i think the curling is pretty decent for the 1st time using booster.
Waiting for the last results :)

UpSideDownCarl
07-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks for all replies
The rubber has domed a bit more after several hours(still with 3 layers only)
I will let the dome go down,i think the curling is pretty decent for the 1st time using booster.
Waiting for the last results :)

Here is a nice account of the process with good photos:

http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/falco_tempo_long_booster_review.htm

Der_Echte
07-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Kenat, you done did good 3 ought to do the trick, but next time around, experiment with some old useless rubbers and get the feel for it.

The other danger of over-doing the boost thing is you might make the sponge way too soft and loose proper feel. That would be tragic.

decoy
07-05-2013, 11:13 AM
this is what it did to my h3 provincial :P

more pics of boosted rubber(s) on that account

4170 4169