"Weapon" almost ready - on boost stage !

This user has no status.
Hi,

My gear already arrived,and today i tried tg2neo on my blade,which i loved,but i wanted more,more speed.
So im boosting it right now,to see if it brings that effect im missing .
Since is the first time im using booster,or even this kinda rubber(chinese),i would like to receive some advices how should i use the boost on tg2neo.
Thanks in advance.

Keep trainin'
:)

20130704263.jpg20130704255.jpg20130704261.jpg

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If you are boosting, you will need to do several layers and allow the stuff to sit there a day or so before attempting to glue it.

For a rubber you are familiar with, tuning will give you noticeable jump in spin and some speed, but not nearly that of a properly speed glued rubber, yet still a noticeable improvement over an un-glued rubber.

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
After 3h30 of applying the 3th layer,its started curving.
Falco recommended 3 layers on chinese rubbers,to get optimal performance.
Would you think i should put more layers?
thanks

Don't put any more layers, this will be enough because if you put too much rubber could go over 4 mm and it would be illegal, and your sponge could separate from topsheet, be careful

Reactions: Kenta Cipriano
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
After 3h30 of applying the 3th layer,its started curving.
Falco recommended 3 layers on chinese rubbers,to get optimal performance.
Would you think i should put more layers?
thanks

View attachment 4167

Looks like a decent curve :p If you are trying booster for the first time I'd say just try it now with 3 layers, I think u will notice the difference. By applying more layers u risk damaging the rubber. Make sure to let the rubber flat out alot before applying it onto the blade, and when u have glued it to the blade place a stack of books or something similar on it for a day or more. Else ur edges will start curling and get loose from the blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
when i used Falco long boost i would get my rubbers to curl like Swiss rolls( including DHS rubbers) .. for quicker affect you could try the glass method. apply booster on sponge then sponge down on a glass surface and some weight on top.. this helps with the first few layers as they get to soak in deeper. after that u should have a decent curl. almost swiss from there you can apply in open air i guess of keep using glass method.. one thing though once you go Swiss it will take a good few days to comedown for you to be even thinking of gluing it to a blade... but liek some said you dont want too much straight away.

id leave it a t 3 for now play with it for like 3 weeks then if you think you can handle more add another layer or two thin ones and play for another 3 weeks.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews