Butterfly Blades...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Hey Guys,

what do you think of the Prizemanagement of Butterfly? In germany (were i live) i don't understand their prizemanagement... I heard that they will sell the ZJK blade for about 350€? As i heard that i was startled! :D Fact is that these blades are one of the best products in the Tabletenis scene... But is this the right way of Butterfly? What do you guys think?

This user has no status.
I think that they are just burglains,if you know what i mean.
There's many other brands that have great quality products,maybe not using the technology of butterfly,but still,are great equipment.
Even 100€ for a blade,i think is expensive,but is acceptable,if it gots everything for the kind of game that is suited to_Over that,i think is already overpriced.
Even DHS is gettin expensive blades,and imo,because of the Cttn sponsor,people "looks" at it differently,and DHS see it too.(Not saying that DHS have bad products)
Table-tennis should be affordable to everyone,at anything,and somethings(rubbers/blades) are not that way.
The price range is too wide in some aspects,not justifying them.
But yeah,while people still buying,they will never drop them prices,they still selling.
I guess 350€ is just ridiculous for anykind of blade,rubber,or even shoes or training suits.Most probably ZJK series will comeout between 130-200€.
Just wait to see... :)
I used butterfly,when they were 1 amoung all,price ranges were similar,to other trademarks,and yes,they got quality,but,not that quality that is irreplaceable.
I used boll forte(BTY) before change for yasaka max wood,and believe me that i never regreted it,was the best trade i ever made.
The only thing i still have from BTY,is an 12 years old batbag(2 zips),and the rubber i still use,bty super anti,and that,cuz i dont want to risk in trying other,cuz trying is money. :)

Greetings,

Keep trainin'

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. There are plenty of blades that are not so expensive that are very good. My blade is $37.00 USD (under 29 Euro). My rubbers are $40.00 each (32 Euro). I really like my setup. Very simple and very good. You don't need to spend so much money.

Personally, the Butterfly blades that do not have stuff like Arylate or Zylon in them, I don't really like. The all wood Butterfly blades do not have the kind of feeling that I like. The ALC, the Arylate and the Zylon blades are really good. The ZLC blades feel good too but are way too fast in my opinion. But, none of them are worth the price tag. Especially when you can find blades that are between $20-$50 (15-40 Euro) that are pretty close to as good.

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
Hard to say if a 300e+ blade is worth the money since I haven't tried that expensive blades, but I'm playing with Timo Boll Forte (Butterfly blade) which only costs about 35-40e and I really like it. A good thing with cheaper blades is also that it doesn't cost so much to buy a new one if you for example by mistake hit it on the table and it breaks a little. Would have to play really carefully if you played with a 350e racket :p But yea, I haven't tried them so hard to say are they worth all the money :p