PDA

View Full Version : DHS Gold Arc 3 Rubber Review

TableTennisDaily
07-15-2013, 05:31 PM
DHS Gold Arc 3 Review

TableTennisDaily had the fantastic opportunity to review the latest DHS Gold Arc 3 Rubbers in partnership with our latest TTD competition with TableTennisPRSS. Take part in the competition here. (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?5219-TTD-Comp-Win-DHS-Gold-Arc-3-Rubbers)

Dan used the Butterfly Timo Boll ALC blade and Tom used the Butterfly Timo Boll ZLC in the review which looked at the DHS Gold Arc 3 Med/Hard version on both sides of their bats.The review looks at various techniques and a range of shots used in today's modern game of table tennis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmBN3AxZL1U

We hope you enjoyed this review, let us know what you think by posting below guys. Have you tried the DHS Gold Arc 3 yet?

MDanielCRO
07-15-2013, 05:39 PM
awesome review guys, I will definetly give a try to this rubber

Mikael Berglund
07-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Well, according to your review, this must be the ultimate rubber for most players since the only drawback is slightly less power away from the table.

Dan
07-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Well, according to your review, this must be the ultimate rubber for most players since the only drawback is slightly less power away from the table.

For me and Tom the rubber suited our playing style as we both play very close to the table. This is just a playing review not a comparison also. I have to say it's up there with some of the best pre glued rubbers we've tried and I'm sure players who have tried this would agree. Have you tried it buddy?

ttestonia
07-15-2013, 06:47 PM
So, i watched it and first i think you guys are my new favourite players :D
About the review i think that the rubber is also very good for topspin to topspin rallies like you showed.
But one think i ask you, does it fit for forehand or backhand or both?

Great review guys, keep making them i loved it!! :D

Mikael Berglund
07-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Dan, no I haven't tried it. It would be fun to do so. I've tried TinArc 3 and i kind of liked it. Could you compare the two?
Also, for further reviews I'd love to have a weight comment. Not in detail, but something a rating like light, medium or heavy (with Tenergy being heavy).

Regards,
Mikael

ZJK
07-15-2013, 08:24 PM
I really like this review! Nice Technique both of you :)
When will you upload the review for tenzone Ultra?

decoy
07-15-2013, 10:31 PM
ive been using the black 2.1 hard version for the last two weeks and its deffiantely a keeper. deffiantely agree with agressive counter shots. the ball tends to land on the table provided you are there early enough. and the rubber is rather forgiving.

also even though it says hard its really medium.. pretty much the same hardness as a worn in tg3bs

paolo2422
07-16-2013, 04:04 AM
Hey Dan! I know you've been using Timo Boll Spirit, but in this review, you used Timo Boll ALC. Do you think results would have been the same if you used your TBS instead of the ALC? Plus they both have arylate carbons inside them right? Because I was thinking of getting a TBS, and some people say that if you're willing to spend a few more money, then why not get an ALC? :)

Bishop Rasta 27
07-16-2013, 05:31 AM
what a rubber with great review...thanks guys...hope the rubbers were sold not the same as the tenergy lines which are so expensive...
i will give it a try on my wood blade...

Sinukal
07-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Great review guys!
I was searching a while for a DHS GA3 review till i found yours!

Dan
07-17-2013, 11:50 AM
So, i watched it and first i think you guys are my new favourite players :D
About the review i think that the rubber is also very good for topspin to topspin rallies like you showed.
But one think i ask you, does it fit for forehand or backhand or both?

Great review guys, keep making them i loved it!! :D

Haha thanks for the kind comment buddy! :) I would say the rubber is better suited for the forehand as it's pretty hard and works well for service, counters and aggressive topspinj. You could always use it on the backhand side as me and Tom didn't have to much problem, but I would personally go for a little softer rubber on my backhand.

Dan, no I haven't tried it. It would be fun to do so. I've tried TinArc 3 and i kind of liked it. Could you compare the two?
Also, for further reviews I'd love to have a weight comment. Not in detail, but something a rating like light, medium or heavy (with Tenergy being heavy).

Regards,
Mikael

Thanks for the feedback Mikael, sure we will weigh the rubbers next time, good idea. I actually haven't tried the TinArc 3 so I wouldn't be able to compare. I have seen other reviews on youtube of the TinArc 3 and the two rubbers seem pretty similar. But I cannot say until I try them both :)

I really like this review! Nice Technique both of you :)
When will you upload the review for tenzone Ultra?

Thanks ZJK! And we will upload this in a week or two.

ive been using the black 2.1 hard version for the last two weeks and its deffiantely a keeper. deffiantely agree with agressive counter shots. the ball tends to land on the table provided you are there early enough. and the rubber is rather forgiving.

also even though it says hard its really medium.. pretty much the same hardness as a worn in tg3bs

Yeah we agree, great to hear your enjoying it :)

Hey Dan! I know you've been using Timo Boll Spirit, but in this review, you used Timo Boll ALC. Do you think results would have been the same if you used your TBS instead of the ALC? Plus they both have arylate carbons inside them right? Because I was thinking of getting a TBS, and some people say that if you're willing to spend a few more money, then why not get an ALC? :)

I think the results would have been very similar. Both blades have very similar characteristics indeed. If you can afford to spend that extra little cash then go for the ALC, because you may feel psychologically better with it. But the TBS would still be perfect I am sure :)

Great review guys!
I was searching a while for a DHS GA3 review till i found yours!

Thanks! :) You have came to the right place, welcome to the website Sinukal.

decoy
07-17-2013, 03:21 PM
il like it to be a tad harder though

Mayank Thakur
07-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Awesome work Dan,,
U play in a very cool manner..

Dan
07-18-2013, 12:39 AM
Awesome work Dan,,
U play in a very cool manner..

Thank you! :)

paolo2422
07-18-2013, 08:37 AM
I think the results would have been very similar. Both blades have very similar characteristics indeed. If you can afford to spend that extra little cash then go for the ALC, because you may feel psychologically better with it. But the TBS would still be perfect I am sure :)

I've just decided to get a TBS instead, after using Sardius for a couple of years, which most of us would agree is a very fast blade, since I want to balance the speed and control, thanks a lot Dan! Great review btw. More power to TTDaily! :)

Wes_TT
07-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Dan, great review! Must take a huge amount of time and effort to stage, shoot, edit and cut... keep up the great work on these TTD reviews! Looking forward to the Adidas Tenzone :cool:

Dan
07-20-2013, 12:32 AM
I've just decided to get a TBS instead, after using Sardius for a couple of years, which most of us would agree is a very fast blade, since I want to balance the speed and control, thanks a lot Dan! Great review btw. More power to TTDaily! :)

Thank you! Yeah sure is fast. Let us know how you find the TBS :) thanks again! :)

Dan
07-20-2013, 12:33 AM
Dan, great review! Must take a huge amount of time and effort to stage, shoot, edit and cut... keep up the great work on these TTD reviews! Looking forward to the Adidas Tenzone :cool:

Your right Wes sure takes a long time but worth it in the end, for you guys to have a little more understanding into various equipment out there. Thanks for the nice comment. Adidas review coming soon :)

wan
07-20-2013, 02:41 AM
Thanks Dan..:D:D
you guys did a very good review..I love such this thread..Hope many more rubbers review will coming soon..:)

UpSideDownCarl
07-21-2013, 01:34 AM
Nice job. Good review. This rubber looks a little on the slow side in comparison to a lot of the speed glue effect rubbers out there. Interesting how good it is for counter looping and how it was a little hard to control when you were flipping the ball (flicking).

Dan
07-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Thanks Dan..:D:D
you guys did a very good review..I love such this thread..Hope many more rubbers review will coming soon..:)

Thanks Wan, glad you like it :) We sure will have more equipment reviews coming soon :)

Nice job. Good review. This rubber looks a little on the slow side in comparison to a lot of the speed glue effect rubbers out there. Interesting how good it is for counter looping and how it was a little hard to control when you were flipping the ball (flicking).

Thanks Carl much appreciated! :) Yeah your right, it's not the fastest but has very impressive control. Yeah I did have difficulties in the short game area when trying to flick, was interesting, perhaps I didn't practice long enough to get used to. But yes certainly a nice rubber and was a good one to review.

UpSideDownCarl
07-23-2013, 04:11 AM
Thanks Carl much appreciated! :) Yeah your right, it's not the fastest but has very impressive control. Yeah I did have difficulties in the short game area when trying to flick, was interesting, perhaps I didn't practice long enough to get used to. But yes certainly a nice rubber and was a good one to review.

Yep. It looks like it is a control rubber. Good call and great job with the video editing and the voice over and content.

paolo2422
07-23-2013, 07:05 AM
Thank you! Yeah sure is fast. Let us know how you find the TBS :) thanks again! :)
Just got my TBS! Anyway, the handle seems to be smaller than Sardius', it also was alot head-heavier than the Sardius probably because it weighs less but it definitely provides you with alot of control. The weight did affect my gameplay because it ruined my timing, haha. But hopefully the next few weeks I'll get used to it.

thelastcoke
07-24-2013, 04:20 AM
Have you used hurricane3 or neo hurricane3? then, could you compare between hurricane3 and gold Arc3?

braithey
10-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Bought two sheets (max) after seeing your review. I have it on the forehand of my WLQ 655L and as you said close to the table it is excellent. Counter hitting and counter looping the rubber feels great. Not as much spin (I feel) as the vega pro but that little bit more control. Will be playing with it this weekend at the Veterans national league.

Dan
10-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Bought two sheets (max) after seeing your review. I have it on the forehand of my WLQ 655L and as you said close to the table it is excellent. Counter hitting and counter looping the rubber feels great. Not as much spin (I feel) as the vega pro but that little bit more control. Will be playing with it this weekend at the Veterans national league.

Great to hear your finding more control Braithey. Let us know how you get on this weekend :) Good luck!

braithey
10-29-2013, 09:37 AM
cheers Dan appreciate that, keep the reviews coming by the way because they are very helpful for all of us. Over the last three years (came back to the sport after 25 years) I have spent over £1,000 on blades and rubber combinations trying to find the right balance for my attacking style of play. The problem with most of the suppliers is they feed you the manufacturer fluff and when you ask detailed questions you only get partial answers (in my experience)

Obviously the best thing to do is try the products personally but unless some has the blade and rubber combo at your club that you want to try you are still left guessing whether its right for you. So you are left having to buy the kit in order to try it and in my case that has been an expensive journey.

Clearly when you have an impartial video with detail on specific issues (like yours) this enables people like me to make more of an informed choice.

So many thanks once again for the video and I will look forward to watching more of them as you make them.