Votes: 8 72.7%
  • NO

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This user has no status.
http://www.revolvermaps.com/?target=setup

Hi guys,

i did this poll to check how many members would agree or not about showing our location,in a widget at the main forum page.(when we are connected to the forum only).
Would aprecciate that the most of you could give yours oppinion about it.
Thanks in advance,

Keep Trainin :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I guess I still don't get it. Why?

This forum has so much. And if you filled out your country in your profile correctly, I know you are from Portugal. Isn't that enough?

I would rather this site have all the information on table tennis that it has and the great contributions of everyone here like you. But I know, sometimes the site goes a little slowly because it has soooooooooo much. Like the live stream with Chat; news, the information about world rankings and upcoming competitions.

I guess it would make no difference to me if we had something like this. But it would not matter one way or the other.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I guess I still don't get it. Why?

This forum has so much. And if you filled out your country in your profile correctly, I know you are from Portugal. Isn't that enough?

I would rather this site have all the information on table tennis that it has and the great contributions of everyone here like you. But I know, sometimes the site goes a little slowly because it has soooooooooo much. Like the live stream with Chat; news, the information about world rankings and upcoming competitions.

I guess it would make no difference to me if we had something like this. But it would not matter one way or the other.

Hi Kenta, I have seen this widget before, but we already have which countries users are from in the forum posts as mentioned by Carl. Also Carl is right in terms of site speed. We have optimized the site to it's full capabilities, until we upgrade one day (fingers crossed) to a dedicated server we need the most minimal amount of add ons to keep the site loading at a reasonable pace for users.

Thanks very much for your kindness in helping this site :) And thanks for all your recent contributions :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Hi Kenta, I have seen this widget before, but we already have which countries users are from in the forum posts as mentioned by Carl. Also Carl is right in terms of site speed. We have optimized the site to it's full capabilities, until we upgrade one day (fingers crossed) to a dedicated server we need the most minimal amount of add ons to keep the site loading at a reasonable pace for users.

Thanks very much for your kindness in helping this site :) And thanks for all your recent contributions :)

Just please add a mobile theme ASAP, you eat all my phone 100 MB bandwidth :D

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Just please add a mobile theme ASAP, you eat all my phone 100 MB bandwidth :D

Working on it. Have you tried the app Tapatalk? Download Tapatalk and find TableTennisDaily app in there :)

It's very good. I'm using it now :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
By the means that you all discribed the situation(site speed and domain space)i agree with you guys,Sorry Carl,just tried to put the site a little bit more "affordable",in means of socialization.Was not my will put something just for show,but to info.But you're correct,about the connection speed,not everyone got a good connection also.
In my case,i dont have that problem,but some people gets into the site by mobile etc,so i agree,i didnt think of that.
Only tried to help,guess you all got it. :)
A general chat would be nice,not only for the competitions .
Sorry for any bad misunderstood.

greetings

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
A general chat would be nice,not only for the competitions .
Sorry for any bad misunderstood.

This is my opinion on this. If there is a chat that you can go to any time and use, and most people only go during competitions, I am not sure a second chat would get more people to go.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Also guys if we had a chat would it distract users from the forum? Having chats are a huge load on a sites server also. Facebook have simultaneously 30,000 servers running their chat system hence why it is so fast and responsive. The chat in the live streaming works well now because it has been optimized (cached) fully and can only be used and accessed by logged in users. You will enjoy the chat when the next ITTF event takes place Kenta :)

This user has no status.
This is my opinion on this. If there is a chat that you can go to any time and use, and most people only go during competitions, I am not sure a second chat would get more people to go.

I didnt know we could use it anytime,since its like that is nice.
I know that it requires a lot of server cache for non-lag "surfing",of course there is no need of a second chat.

greetings :)