How to Take Care of Table Tennis Equipments?

This user has no status.
like what kjanko said, it's pretty straightforward
get an ordinary sponge, soak it with about 15mLs of water and gently brush your topsheets with it to get rid of the dust
some guides or coaches say there's a particular way to brush the topsheets, but i generally don't bother
after that, let it naturally dry
when most evidence of water is gone, get a protective sheet of plastic and cover the topsheets
make sure it sticks :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Most of it is really just common sense. You don't bang your racket on the table. You hope not to catch the rubber on the edge of the table. Cleaning your rubbers during play is useful for keeping the topsheet grippy and helping you spin the ball. Cleaning the rubbers is easy. You can use water and a sponge. You can use a small amount of water on your hand. You don't want to get the wood wet though. I seal my blades. It makes taking the rubbers off easier and protects the wood. Cleaning your rubbers after you are done playing is a good idea as well. So that when you put it away, the topsheets are clean.

A racket case is very useful to hold your racket when you are not using it. Protective sheets for the topsheet: I know a lot of people who do not use them. I find them helpful. I like them. I feel like the biggest thing they do is, when you put your racket in your racket case, or pull it out, they protect the topsheet, particularly the edges of the topsheet.

But, in the end, use your common sense. That will help you care for your racket.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Before play, wipe with moisture on shorts.

During play, moist with breath and wipe with hand. If I sweat on rubber, wipe with towel and shake bat back and forth.

After match, wipe blade on shorts and stuff into bat case.

If upset, just smash the bat to smitherines and glue rubber onto your next $10 blade.

Gluing rubber onto a new blade is ALWAYS fun anyway.

what are your questions?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
I use cotton and water. Dip the cotton in few drops of water and squeeze all the water out of cotton making it slightly wet and then gently rub the top sheet.

I have heard people saying cotton is not advisable to clean the topsheet. Will it cause any harm? i haven't seen any till now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
talk about this, i just spoil a table spoon of whey powder on my paddle yesterday by accidentally. It was in the competition hall, and I had totally forgotten that I have a bottle of whey to drink, inside my gym bag. Then the bag just flipped over due to unbalance weight, when I really, the paddle just covered with the whey powder :(

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I use cotton and water. Dip the cotton in few drops of water and squeeze all the water out of cotton making it slightly wet and then gently rub the top sheet.

I have heard people saying cotton is not advisable to clean the topsheet. Will it cause any harm? i haven't seen any till now.

My guess is that, if you don't notice it doing damage and your rubbers last about how long they should, then I doubt you are doing any real harm to them.