What type of blade for Rasant Turbo?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Hi guys, I was looking for some info regarding a pair of Andro Rasant Turbo 2.1mm rubbers that I was given as a gift :) Now I need to buy a blade not too heavy for less than 100 U$S

Considering that these Turbo version rubbers are kind of hard. What type of blade is it recommended to pair them with?

I'm an offensive player at close-middle distance, I base my play on top spins with big loops on both sides with good topspin vs topspin, sometimes blocking with my BH

Any suggestion will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Would it be better to use a soft feeling blade to compensate the hardness of the rubbers or a hard one would be better to take full profit of them? Maybe a carbon one?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
I have used the regular Rasant on my backhand. Though I don't have very good control with fast setup, it works well for me on Viscaria light. And Viscaria though fast is also a soft blade, at least compared to other blades at its speed rating.

I'm thinking of trying out the Turbo as soon as my Rasant wears out. hoping to find something I feel missing with the Rasant, especially on the short game.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I agree with @TinyKin Use the blade you have been using already see how that goes. If not I certainly recommend a all round blade or a slightly fast blade. Those Andro rubbers are very quick and using them on a fast blade can be quite difficult to control.

You have a great set of rubbers there. Very good for spin and you can generate a lot of power when you need it to.