Stiga Infinity VPS V, Rasant Turbo, Vega Japan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hey guys

Here is a review of the Stiga Infinity VPS V I was allow to testfor a few weeks by my local TT dealer in Denmark. Thanks BTEX.DK!

P1050138.JPG

P1050139.JPG

P1050140.JPG

The blade was paired up with the new Andro Rasant Turbo on FH and Xiom Vega Japan on BH.
The quality of the blade is very nice and this sample has a weight on 88g and total with rubbers 187g. There was not a separation line in the outer veneer as you may find in e.g. Rosewood and Ebenholz blades.

The Infinity VPS V has a lovely crispy sound when playing and generating speed was not a problem. It has medium vibration which gives a player good feeling with the ball.
When making topspin from both wings I had the feeling the blade had a lot of dwell even with the hard Rasant Turbo. It seemed easy to hit the balls on the table and I was surprised the amount of control the Infinity VPS had. Short game I did not have the feeling that the ball was jumping of the racket and of cause it is depending on rubbers as well. Blocking was extremely easy and if you want to power block - this could be done with a lot of control and with good placement.

I would recommend this blade to close to the table offensive game.

I

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
how would you compare it to YEO/Stiga intensity in terms of speed and stiffness? Is it stiff like rosewood or soft(wobbling) like the yeo?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
how would you compare it to YEO/Stiga intensity in terms of speed and stiffness? Is it stiff like rosewood or soft(wobbling) like the yeo?

That's a good question. IMO the speed is almost the same. The thing is the composition of the blades are quite different with the YEO/Intensity having a hard/stiff walnut top ply and the Infinity having a limba which is "softer" than walnut. This gives the Infinity more dwell time when playing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
thanks. how about stiffness? I will probably like the softer feeling, but I also like stiff blades, a combination that is diffcult to find.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
thanks. how about stiffness? I will probably like the softer feeling, but I also like stiff blades, a combination that is diffcult to find.

I would say it is a bit softer than YEO/Intensity, but again it is my opinion :) Still stiff enough though.