Nexy Arirang first look (before the wave of testers)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I was able to make my way to Nexy HQ to get my own Arirang blade just before the wave of testers got theirs haha. They can flame me all they want all good with me.

Check my FB page for my pics and periodic write-ups.

I will also post some observations here and I think Nexy.com will post about Arirang already and continue to do so.

I have been waiting like crazy for this OFF spinny blade and have been using a much slower ALL+ blade that disappoints me in power shots, but is good medicine for my rally skills.

The first thing I can say about my blade is with a soft rubber like Evolution FX-P it simply rocks! EVERYTHING lands with pace, spin and control. Touch shots are surprisingly great and feel is super. Tonight, I defeated a player 3-0 leading 7-1 in 2 games and I usually go to the limit vs this player each game.

I used Aurus for BH rubber.

Here is what it all looked like before nexy glued it all together for me.

1-arirang.jpg

Reactions: aspitalak
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
My Arirang blade is ST 90 gram model. Overall speed is OFF. My rubbers are FH Evolution FX-P and BH Aurus. Total bat weight berfore grip tape is 180 grams light and bslanced. I prefer 200 or 220 gram setups but this one does not play as light.

The blade is slightly on the bouncy side and does not vibrate as much a flexy looping blade. Big swings give excellent power and spin. Speed is OFF range. No one will conguse this for a Schlager Carbon.

What is suprising about this bat is how it handles the middle game shots of short push and flicks and long push and off speed change up with hand pressure. You get near the ball and you rule.

Opening topspins are loaded. Power shots land low. A joy to use and despite hitting hard you do not feel tired. Rubbrr and blade combo got a lot to do but I was so suprised at how well a soft rubber played on this stiff blade.

Sent from my SHV-E160K using Tapatalk 2

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have used this thing around one week all I got is love for it. I get to play the same rallies as my excellent ALL+ looping blade, but with more pace and spin. I really missed the pace for the 4 months I used the ALL+ machine, but heck, it improved my rally play and made me a better candidate for the OFF class blade I crave.

Feel, spin and control at an acceptable pace define this setup. It gives me good confidence to use the repertoire of shots available, i'm not worried I'll miss this or that. That counts a lot. Gears is another good point of this setup. With FX-P, you can make a whole variety of shots land well and this setup really helped me out while under pressure in rallies.

I waited, or agonized 6 months waiting for this to come out and the similar Tibhar Inca that got released earlier only increased this. Wait was worth it and Arirang will be my main blade. Timo Boll Spirit can stay in the store, I'm not buying him at this time as great a blade it is and how well I grew operating it the last few years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I have used this thing around one week all I got is love for it. I get to play the same rallies as my excellent ALL+ looping blade, but with more pace and spin. I really missed the pace for the 4 months I used the ALL+ machine, but heck, it improved my rally play and made me a better candidate for the OFF class blade I crave.

Feel, spin and control at an acceptable pace define this setup. It gives me good confidence to use the repertoire of shots available, i'm not worried I'll miss this or that. That counts a lot. Gears is another good point of this setup. With FX-P, you can make a whole variety of shots land well and this setup really helped me out while under pressure in rallies.

I waited, or agonized 6 months waiting for this to come out and the similar Tibhar Inca that got released earlier only increased this. Wait was worth it and Arirang will be my main blade. Timo Boll Spirit can stay in the store, I'm not buying him at this time as great a blade it is and how well I grew operating it the last few years.
Hey buddy
Could you compare it to bty alc blades? Any chance next is offering test blades?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Do you know what the plies are on that blade? It looks pretty darn nice.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
here is a thread on mytt where they were looking for testers :

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61696&PN=2#736813

I post a LOT on MyTT under a different name, so anyone can say hi to BH-Man for me and tell him he is a crappy player. :)

I purposely left myself off the list to maximize other players' chances to get an Arirang. President Moon promised me a LONG time ago he would hook me up with an Arirang blade for testing and hopefully become my main blade over TBS.

Well, he doesn't have to hope and it is a reality. Arirang is hands down my main blade with Evo FX-P on FH wing. Stuff just lands with spin and pace and control that is trouble for my opponents with a capital T.

I test a LOT of Tak9.com and Nexy gear and it is no secret they sponsor my Korean Foreign TT association.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Do you know what the plies are on that blade? It looks pretty darn nice.

Core is Burnt Kiri.

Next is a layer of Armid carbon on each side, then a 2 ply combo of something and Hinoki as outer plies.

I'll link Tak9.com's page when they release the blade in a few weeks.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Core is Burnt Kiri.

Next is a layer of Armid carbon on each side, then a 2 ply combo of something and Hinoki as outer plies.

It does look like a really nice blade. :) Have fun with your new weapon. I was pretty sure the outer ply was Hinoki from the photo, but photos are nothing like having the blade in front of you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I post a LOT on MyTT under a different name, so anyone can say hi to BH-Man for me and tell him he is a crappy player. :)

I purposely left myself off the list to maximize other players' chances to get an Arirang. President Moon promised me a LONG time ago he would hook me up with an Arirang blade for testing and hopefully become my main blade over TBS.

Well, he doesn't have to hope and it is a reality. Arirang is hands down my main blade with Evo FX-P on FH wing. Stuff just lands with spin and pace and control that is trouble for my opponents with a capital T.

I test a LOT of Tak9.com and Nexy gear and it is no secret they sponsor my Korean Foreign TT association.

Seems like the selection of testers are over. :( A bit unfortunate that the selection only was on MyTT. Could you please answer my previous question about the similarity of the blade to TBS, TB ALC, Viscaria?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Seems like the selection of testers are over. :( A bit unfortunate that the selection only was on MyTT. Could you please answer my previous question about the similarity of the blade to TBS, TB ALC, Viscaria?

I have been a 3 year operator of the Timo Boll Spirit Blade, so I can compare it some.

The Arirang feels like a cross between TBS and Nexy Calix with the speed of TBS, smack middle of the OFF range.

TBS feels a little thicker and more solid while Arirang feels thinner, but has some gears that kick in moreso than the TBS. The weight of my Arirang came in at 90 grams which is pretty close to the 89-93 gram average of the TBS blades I have had. I feel a touch more vibration with Arirang, but not much vibration. TBS was almost autopilot silent, if you compared it to a Stiga blade that vibrates like an earthquake. This blade is thinner than TBS with the Kiri burned and Hinoki outer play (2 ply wood on each end of the Armid carbon as opposed to the TBS that uses Arlyte Carbon. Softer rubbers I did not like a lot on TBS, but Evolution FX-P is wonderful on Arirang. Hard rubber on TBS, like Evolution MX-P and Aurus were great rubbers on the TBS. Aurus on the Arirang is taking some adjusting for me. I get great spin, but I have to be careful about hitting long. Aurus was tailor made for me on Fh wing on TBS, but I need more time with rirang. FX-P simply clicked for me right away. Aurus plays a LOT faster on Arirang. When I make a powershot with Aurus on Arirang, I think I am blasting it through the opponent and the wall behind him as well. Timo Boll feels perfectly balanced with heavy rubbers and Arirang feels light with my regular rubbers, so I suspect the surface area of the TBS is slightly larger. I like the handles of TBS with grip tape and I am afraid to ruin the handle of Arirang with my acid sweat, so I put on some grip tape. my bat weight 180 grams BEFORE grip tape. I usually have the TBS come in at minimum 187 before grip tape. Arirang allows me to hit a little harder and I get a bit more spin using Arirang with FX-P, my openers are very spinny and set me up, the pace is good, but my FH with Aurus on TBS was faster with heavy spin landing deep. FX-P on Arirang is a cant-miss proposition with great spin and control.

I love the TBS forever, but since I now have Arirang, I can put off buying a TBS to replace my mortally wounded TBS.

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
Core is Burnt Kiri.

I think you would do even better with evo FX-p on backhand and MX-p or EL-p on forehand, I tried fx-p for my fh and it is too slow for power shots, but loop constantly is very good

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I think you would do even better with evo FX-p on backhand and MX-p or EL-p on forehand, I tried fx-p for my fh and it is too slow for power shots, but loop constantly is very good

I see the logic of your argument and suggestion. I have not tried MX-P on Arirang yet, but have a new sheet of EL-P that I intend soon to replace the Aurus.

With FX-P on FH, I am getting everything back on the table it seems, especially the softer defensive topspin shots I was not landing as frequently using my TBS before or the ALL+ setup. That counts for a lot. With FX-P, I can go for my shots and they have a LOT more power than with my ALL+ setup naturally. Using FX-P on Arirang, I am setting up the second ball and putting it away at a fast speed, but not supersonic speed. Thing is I can put that second strong shot ANYWHERE using FX-P and land it very high percentage fast enough to win the point or get the next ball to clearly finish it.

Looking at the speed vs spin vs control thing, one has to simply try it firsthand and discover if it works for him or her. I will try this and discover for myself if EL-P is a good idea on FH. I tested EL-P on FH on one of the Tibhar Inca (A similar blade) and loved it there. It was as you described it, very powerful to finish. My test session left me very impressed with EL-P on FH with that similar blade.

Why haven't I slapped on that sheet of EL-P yet?

Well, while EL-P is a great rubber on many blades, it isn't the best discovery since sliced cheese. I have been doing so well with FX-P smacking down my second ball I so well setup on my first spinny shot that there simply was ZERO pressing national emergency to move a new sheet of EL-P there.

As for doing better with FX-P on BH... You all see my BH rubber in my signature and I can play that $7 very well on just about any blade. I get along fine with almost any inverted rubber 2.1 or max on BH wing. My BH bat speed at impact is good, I can slap it fast, loopdrive it spinny, or brush it extreme heavy with just about any inverted rubber 2.1 or max that is not called anti.

There is also no pressing emergency to put a really expensive rubber on my BH wing. It will not result in me getting any more points I think. The Fh wing is much more sensitive to the kind of rubber, so there is value there in searching high and low for the most suitable rubbers. Note I say the most suitable ones. There is no SINGLE rubber that rules for me on FH wing.

Reactions: MDanielCRO