Who will win the Harmony China Open 2013 - ITTF World Tour?

• Ma Long

Votes: 78 62.4%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Yan An

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Joo Se Hyuk

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Gao Ning

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Chen Qi

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
GAC Group 2013 ITTF World Tour, China Open, Super Series,14 Aug 2013 - 18 Aug 2013, Suzhou, China

The city of Suzhou welcomes the China Open World Tour in open hands as 100 volunteers are ready to welcome the players, coaches and officials at this years ITTF World Tour New Era-Harmony China Open. This prestigious tournament will take place in the city of Suzhou from Wednesday 14th to Sunday 18th August, a tournament with a total prize fund of 'unknown as of yet'. Host nations Ma Long leads the Men's Singles seedings.

Thanks to the recent incentive by Liu Guoliang we will see China players team up with foreign players. This time around Wang Hao pairs with Dimitrij Ovtcharov and Chen Qi has teamed up with Lee sang Su. Another very strong edition is Ma Long and Xu Xin the number 1 seeded doubles pairing for the event.

Total number of entries so far is: 156

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Women's Singles
Men's Doubles
Women's Doubles

Live matches from the Harmony China Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat!

China's Ma Long, the World #1 has entered the Harmony China Open as the #1 seed.

malongharmony2013.jpg

Ma Long the no.1 seed - Photo by: Zimbo

Men's Singles Seeds

dimitrijovtcharovharmony2013.jpg

Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcharov enters the tournament as the #4 seed - Photo by: osports.cn

01) Ma Long
02) Xu Xin
03) Wang Hao
04) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
05) Chuang Chih-Yuan
06) Yan An
07) Joo See Hyuk
08) Gao Ning
09) Chen Qi
10) Koki Niwa
11) Jiang Tianyi
12) Chen Chien-An
13) Kenta Matsudaira
14) Kim Minseok
15) Zhan Jian
16) Seiya Kishikawa

For full Men's entries click here.

Women Singles Seeds

lixiaoxiaharmony2013.jpg

Li Xiaoxia enters the tournament as the #1 seed - Photo by: abc.net.au

01) Liu Shiwen
02) Feng Tianwei
03) Zhu Yuling
04) Shen Yanfei
05) Wu Yang
06) Chen Meng
07) Kasumi Ishikawa
08) Ai Fukuhara
09) Hajung Seok
10) Seo Hyowon
11) Elizabeta Samara
12) Yang Haeun
13) Jeon Jihee ^
14) Ri Myong Sun
15) Lee Ho Ching
16) Sayaka Hirano

For full Women's entries click here.

Doubles Seeds

Coming soon...

Live matches from the Harmony China Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat!

What a line up! Can the world number 1 Ma Long prove his worth in the singles? Can inform Dimitrij Ovtcharov who has recently been playing matches in the Chinese Super League take the title? Joo Se Hyuk is in the link up, has he still got what it takes to compete with the best? Can the Japanese team cause a dent in the draw including Jun Mizutani, Koki Niwa and Kenta Matsudaira? Young guns of China are starting to push the top seeds closer and closer including Fan Zhendong and Yan An, can they go on to win the World Tour?

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Yan an will take it. Hes been challenging the top players for the past few months, managing to go head to head with anyone. I dont see anyone else beating MaLong...

Oh hello by the way, first post!

Reactions: aspitalak

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yan an will take it. Hes been challenging the top players for the past few months, managing to go head to head with anyone. I dont see anyone else beating MaLong...

Oh hello by the way, first post!

Great first post lets see if your prediction is correct in a few weeks time :) Welcome to TableTennisDaily :)

I have to say I think Ma Long will take this as his motivation levels seem high from his recent performances in the Chinese Super League.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Ma long will take this. Xu Xin and Wang Hao are not in good form at the moment and no one except of these two can beat Ma Long. About Yan An , i think he was in very good form in past that he was almost beating Ma Long and defeated Xu Xin many times . but now he is not even close to ML's level. I think Ovtcharov will reach the semi-final but he will not beat Ma Long or Xu Xin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
It's just a shame really that ZJK and Ma Long probably the two greatest players are just the total opposites of each other, we saw one match where they both played on top of their games and that match was out of this world(talking about austrian opne final 2011). But in 99% of cases ZJK does not perform well on pro tours and Ma Long performs terribly for his standarts on major events.

Reactions: jijoe123

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It's just a shame really that ZJK and Ma Long probably the two greatest players are just the total opposites of each other, we saw one match where they both played on top of their games and that match was out of this world(talking about austrian opne final 2011). But in 99% of cases ZJK does not perform well on pro tours and Ma Long performs terribly for his standarts on major events.

That's well said. I hope soon we have an epic Ma Long v Zhang Jike encounter. We are all due this match! :)

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
That's weel said. I hope soon we have an epic Ma Long v Zhang Jike encounter. We are all due this match! :)

We will probably see one in this year's world cup! i know world champion ( Zhang Jike ) and last year's World cup winner ( Ma Long ) will qualify for the world cup. So they will probably face each other in world cup ( and probably in FINAL ). If it happens , i hope master Zhang to be the winner.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
My fav are Joo Se Hyuk and Kenta Matsudaira. I wish them lucky till the last. Please someone record them in full and hd video.

Reactions: TT Guru

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
probably preparing and trying to avoid injury because Chinese National Games is on September 1-10, 2013. This is like the olympics of China, also held once every 4 years

That's a huge event and very likely reason why Zhang Jike is not playing the China Open. He likes to strive at the majors :)