PDA

View Full Version : Rubber for grow up

danyel89
07-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Hello everybody!
I am a new member at this forum and for the start i want to forgive my english. I am not a native speaker.
I play with an all wood blade, 5 ply, Off, with Donic bluefire m3 2.0 and rakza 9 max.
I don''t like rakza 9 because it is hard to activate the sponge, has a too lower throw and a little too quick for me.
I want a rubber for improve my forhand stroke, in special retopspin and put more presure with first topspin.
I want to choose between-Stiga calibra tour M or S, stiga Calibra Lt spin, or Calibra Lt sound.

I conclusion, i want a Rubber:

-Durable
-Not to hard
-Easy to activate sponge
-Spinny
-Good in short game
-Good control
-Medium-high throw angle(but not too high)
-Very important-easy to lift chop balls

Thanks a lot for eventualy suggestions!

kjanko
07-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Get the Calibra Tour M, It's a great rubber serie from Stiga!

Dan
07-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the site Daniel. The same name as me! :) I understand you want something with more control that will help you work on your technique. Having tried the Calibra Tour M myself I would say this is your best choice to use. It has medium sponge and is not to hard. The control and dwell time is good and also the spin.

Let us know what you decide to do! :)

Welcome to the community dude.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

Der_Echte
07-30-2013, 03:12 PM
I tried the tour (think is was S or M version) on the Tibhar Inca OFF blade and man, I can tell you that with a fast bat speed, you catch the ball and sling shot that sucker out with some serious pace and spin! Even better is the sonic BOOM on your impact. man, that thing is one LOUD-AZZ rubber. I really liked it on the Inca, totally HATED it on M. Maze.

I tried out Tibhar Evolution FX-P (the soft version that is not really super soft) on Inca and also bought Evolution for my FH. That rubber totally rules on both blades. Control, control and control in ALL strokes and you make some serious SPIN. Ball simply lands time and time again and it really fuels your confidence. I won a tourney and placed second in two tourneys last weekend using Arirang/Evo FX-P and I can say personally with not even a week using that setup it is great.

If you like it just a little harder than soft, go for EL-P it rocks on OFF blades with control and power when needed.

Of course there are way more than one rubber suitable for you and your preferences.

Calibra LT Sound is not exactly high throw, but that sound version is really controllable way more than regular LT version.

danyel89
07-30-2013, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the help and for suggestions.
99% percent i buy an Tour M, play a little bit and then write here what i like and what i don't like :)

danyel89
07-30-2013, 04:04 PM
I read that the Calibra Lt are series not that durable....
I Can't change my rubber often, maybe once at 7-8 months.
I play 2-3 time a week, 2-3 hours at session.

danyel89
07-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Any suggestion for a blade to match perfectly wth Calibra tour M and bluefire m3 -BH?
Not to exapansive, around 50-60 euros?
Soft feeling i like the most at an blade.

kjanko
07-30-2013, 04:25 PM
The LT series have a really low throw and they're kinda made for loop-driving. Just get the Tour M, I have Tour S on my BH and It's a great rubber, very spinny, excellent for flicks (RPB tho) and lifts backspin with ease. You won't be dissapointed :) You can also consider Tour H - It's harder than Tour M but I'd rate it medium-hard, It's softer than Tenergy 05.

About the blade, just get a Clipper :)

danyel89
07-30-2013, 04:26 PM
The LT series have a really low throw and they're kinda made for loop-driving. Just get the Tour M, I have Tour S on my BH and It's a great rubber, very spinny, excellent for flicks (RPB tho) and lifts backspin with ease. You won't be dissapointed :) You can also consider Tour H - It's harder than Tour M but I'd rate it medium-hard, It's softer than Tenergy 05.

About the blade, just get a Clipper :)

I think that H is a little too much for me and my technique :)

danyel89
07-30-2013, 07:03 PM
I read very much good things about LT Sound
Anyone can compare Tour M and Sound?

Atwood
08-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Im afraid I cant speak from any experience on stiga rubbers, but i'll second Der's post about evolution. I've also used both fx and el-p and loved both. El-p is a big step up but still very controllable. Another rubber you may want to consider is something from Xiom. The two ive used are vega euro and sigma 2 euro, and both I've enjoyed a lot. Vega is softer and more controllable, but sigma euro 2 generates amazing spin and still is very easy to control. They seem more forgiving than other rubbers ive used- tenergy 80, bluefire m1, m2, jp03, evo fx and el-p... I think any of the rubbers youve talked about would serve you well though.

danyel89
08-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Thanks a lot for the help.
I bought today a Stiga Calibra tour M -1.9mm and i feel great:)
Is a pure joy to play with.
The sponge is a little soft than rakza 9, the spin is great and very easy to produce :)
I LOVE topspin and retopspin with this rubber, the short play and the sound.
Soon i filmed myself and post the video here, maybe wll help someone else.
Calibra Tour M has big power, even at 2-3 metres from the table :), and the first topspin is easy to make.
I am Very, Very happy with this rubber.

Der_Echte
08-04-2013, 01:25 AM
We are all GLAD you LOVE Ur rubber dude.

Keep posting a few more experiences with it in your thread... it is what we TTers do.

Cornerer
08-04-2013, 04:07 AM
Thx for your video in advance. Looking forward to watching it.

danyel89
08-05-2013, 12:59 PM
I want to know if someoane try Xiom Aria Lite blade-any impressions ?

danyel89
08-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Best rubber for Backhand guys? much control? not to hard? good for topspin and block?
Calibra Lt Sound?Lt Spin? or maybe another rubber?

kjanko
08-09-2013, 04:11 AM
Tour S! I love it on my RPB :) Or if you like something harder, Tenergy 05

danyel89
08-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Tour S- a little bit expensive for now for me :)
I found a promo on Calibra Lt series only 40$ :) i want to know one of this is good for Bh? i think at Calibra Lt spin?

Cornerer
08-09-2013, 10:35 AM
only borrowed my friend's Lt for a try. Feels low throw to me, blocking isn't difficult and quite easy to do banana flicks, so yeah should suit bh well. Speed might be too fast for some though.

danyel89
08-09-2013, 11:16 AM
I want to buy Calibta Lt SPIN, not the LT version

kjanko
08-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Why don't you just get a sheet of Baracuda?
http://tabletennis.inters.pl/product-eng-1852-Pips-in-DONIC-Baracuda.html

Only 24 euros.

Cornerer
08-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Why don't you just get a sheet of Baracuda?
http://tabletennis.inters.pl/product-eng-1852-Pips-in-DONIC-Baracuda.html

Only 24 euros.
Baracuda has very high throw and very spin sensitive ... maybe not quite suitable for BH?

danyel89
08-16-2013, 03:38 PM
I buy today Stiga calibra LT Spin 2.0 and i am veryyyyyy happy :)
Is the best BH rubber i ever played.
Have a lovely feel, medium-soft, low throw but not to low.
Amazing in short play and block-i can block anything with this rubber, any topspin, any spin and the ball is very easy to control over the table.
I like very much in fast strokes, the ball have a incredible fast traiectory and very low on the opponent table when you hit the ball fast and put spin on the ball.

I made a short video, with me playing.
I don't have a perfect technique, but i think i made few good shots.
Calibra tour M is the black rubber, Calibra Spin the red one, and the blade is Xiom aria lite-very stable blade, very controlable when you hit the ball hard, very little vibration, 78 grams.
The all paddle have 174 grams, including overgrip and band, very equal, very comfortable handle, a pure joy to play with.
Calibra Tour M have a senzational feeling, medium throw, and the topspins are full of spins and spin and very easy to controlate.

I am the guy with white tshirt.
Sorry for the angle view, the camerman was a child :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1bPxIL6qMw&feature=youtu.be

Der_Echte
08-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Calibra LT Sound and Spin versions are soft and likely a good fit for your BH. Throw of the softer versions is not as harsh low as regular LT or Plus versions.

$40 is a regular price for years at the Korea distributor of Stiga, actually with the exchange rates, it is a little under $40. Shipping will cost you around $20 so if you buy from them, you had better buy a lot. Maybe your distributor is a good deal for you near you, but they will not sell the cool looking Nexy Sunset jersey and you will never get it lettered like our KFTTC jerseys.