Fake Table Tennis Rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
It is easy to tell a fake from real if you have a real one in hand. Otherwise it is all guessing. In fact no fake looks exactly the same as originals. And they won't play like the real stuff in most cases. There are different grades of fake if you care to look. Some cheap H3 even got a totally different DHS logo. Tenergy is another that got many variation of fakes. Basically don't expect any bargain from taobao as it is safe to say all lower than normal price rubbers there are fakes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Completely untrue. I can find some rubbers with large (30% or more) discount. Normal price in China is different from normal price in Europe

The best way is to ask someone local you can trust.

And 99% of TT textile is fake.
Calm down....I only tell from my own experience. Price in China is low but only limited to China made products. Even then too low a price should still be avoided. When you see a H3 for US$3 and Tenergy for US$10, would you still believe any other stuff in the store is genuine and happily thought you are getting a bargain? How many times those sellers said their blades are grey import and 100% real but you end up with something roll out from a basement? BTW I am interest to know how much you paid for the cheapest genuine rubber you have. 30% off Europe price is more inline with normal retail price in China and not low at all so of course that doesn't say fake.

Last edited:
I agree with decoy for eacheng and ttnpp. However, the last order I place from ttnpp last Feb 23, 2013 has not been shipped. I'm sorry this is outside of topic but I just want to put it out there. Prior to my last order, ttnpp fulfilled my last 4 orders which I was happy with. Of course I'm not happy with this recent order since they have not replied to any of my emails and posting at their website. If anybody can help me reach them, I'd really appreciate it. For now, my future orders will be exclusively eacheng. I've also ordered once from prott. They are like eacheng except a little more pricier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
I agree with decoy for eacheng and ttnpp. However, the last order I place from ttnpp last Feb 23, 2013 has not been shipped. I'm sorry this is outside of topic but I just want to put it out there. Prior to my last order, ttnpp fulfilled my last 4 orders which I was happy with. Of course I'm not happy with this recent order since they have not replied to any of my emails and posting at their website. If anybody can help me reach them, I'd really appreciate it. For now, my future orders will be exclusively eacheng. I've also ordered once from prott. They are like eacheng except a little more pricier.

Last time I ordered from ttnpp, the order came in a couple months after I ordered. I expected it to come late due to overseas shipping, but their customer support is a joke. Their live help is dead and they never check email.

This user has no status.
Yes, I as only reacting to the price element.

Of course, if you find tenergy or Viscaria for 10$ it's fake.

But normal price for commercial H3 is about 70 RMB or so, compared to the £20 many charge, that's quite a difference.
Same for bluefire, which you find without problem at 210/220 RMB (or about £25). And all these are displayed prices, no haggling.

Xiom Vega can be found cheaper than that.

The only brand where prices in China are not lower than in Europe is BTY.

So yes, don't expect to pay 10% of normal price (or you know you're buying a fake). But "bargains" for real stuff at 30 to 40% less than in Europe, no problem.

This user has no status.
Deciding whether a TT item is fake or not judging by the price isn't very clever IMO.
Marketing is getting smarter these days, and if you just put a fake one at the price of a real one most people will fall for it.
IMO, the best way to access rubbers that aren't fake (which is about 90%), is you just learn from experience.
Most people in their TT life won't even come across fake rubbers, which is fortunate, but if you do, just make a note to stay away from that website or shop etc.
But yeah, I do agree that if you find the random Tenergy for $10, probably not a good idea to buy it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Anyone probably will avoid buying anything expensive from a shop in taobao that is new with not much trade history. If a shop charge normal but selling fakes then I don't think they will last long anyway. Normally I will only buy rubbers under 50 yuan there from sellers with a long history of good reputation.