Chinese Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
Do all chinese rubbers like DHS Hurricane National Version need to be boosted for best results? or can they just be used by regular table tennis glue and would still work as well? and also whats the difference between DHS Hurricane National Version and DHS Hurricane for National Team Trains?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
[FONT=&#23435]
[/FONT]
Do all chinese rubbers like DHS Hurricane National Version need to be boosted for best results?
YES。
or can they just be used by regular table tennis glue and would still work as well?
NO.It will not be so powerful as boosted.
whats the difference between DHS Hurricane National Version and DHS Hurricane for National Team Trains?
[FONT=&#23435]
[/FONT]
National Version:4 ANGLES; for National Team Trains:[FONT=&#23435]6 ANGLES;Ordinary [/FONT]Version[FONT=&#23435]:8 angles.

[/FONT]
National Version [FONT=&#23435]has more [/FONT]speed, friction, elasticity,but harder to master.Its flexibility is too strong。[FONT=&#23435]BUT it will be so powerful if you could master[/FONT]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
I can honestly say boosting is fairly important to chinese rubber such as H3. It's not unplayable unboosted, but you will have a hard time producing powerful loopy shots.

I'm playing with TG2 Neo (which I guess is factory boosted) and I have no issues with power looping. What does a boosted one play like?

This user has no status.
I play with unboosted DHS H3 Neo on both sides. True, without boosting, it's slow and not as bouncy as tensor rubbers but I like the increased control. As to power, I am content to add more power to my shots that need it. I played with this setup for several months, 3 hour/day on average, and have no injury so far.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
it wont be as bouncy as tenergy but bcause of the high levels of tackyness. but after say 6+ months the tackyness will wear off and the rubber will become glossy but still tacky/grippy. thast for the old topsheet anyway not to sure about the new ones, never played with one long enough..

2013-08-02063955_zpsc3722e7e.jpg

2013-08-02064014_zps5c0225f6.jpg

2013-08-02063955_zpsc3722e7e.jpg

the one on the left is the old top sheet skyline 3 blue sponge boosted with seamoon about 3 times in the last year and a half. the one on the right is the new topsheet skyline 3 blue sponge boosted once since i got it which was about 2 months ago

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Do all chinese rubbers like DHS Hurricane National Version need to be boosted for best results?
All of rubbers need to be boosted for best results. But Hurricane series need more!

can they just be used by regular table tennis glue and would still work as well?
Chinese rubbers are playable even without booster but it is better to boost them ( like all rubbers ).

whats the difference between DHS Hurricane National Version and DHS Hurricane for National Team Trains?
National version have 4 corners, Provincial version have 6 corners and commercial version have 8 corners.
National version have better quality, speed and spin but less control than provincial and commercial version. And provincial version have the same advantages over commercial version that national version have over provincial version.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You can play with Chinese rubbers without boosting them. However, the sponge is made to be boosted. It does play better boosted. But if you have never boosted it is still a pretty decent rubber without boosting. The boosting makes the sponge softer and have more kick which means that the topsheet can grab the ball better and spin the ball better. And the ball leaves the racket much faster on big strokes. And yet, part of what boosting does is give you more control with more spin and speed.

Here is info for the difference between H3 or TG3 1) Commercial, 2) Provincial and National:

When they make the rubbers they are in a giant sheet that gets cut into the squares that are the size we buy. In the very center, there is one sheet. In the square around the center there are 8 sheets. In the very outer row there are 16 sheets. The theory is that the very center has the best rubber. The row surrounding the center is still pretty good but not as good. And the outside row, furthest from the center, the rubber is a little less good than the center and the inner row.

The outside row is commercial. The next row in is Provincial. And the one sheet at the very center is National.

They do this with Tenergy for the pros as well. So, with Tenergy, if you are buying it, you are getting the sheets from the very outside row. And it is still pretty good. The pros get the sheets from inside. I believe the Japanese players get the center sheets. :)

How different are they? With Hurricane, I believe, it is more important that you get the durometer (hardness) that you want and boost it well. They are a little different. Not so different that it really matters. A sheet of Commercial Hurricane that is 38-39 degrees that is boosted well is better than a National Hurricane that is 42-degrees and not boosted. All things being equal a National version that is 39 degrees and well boosted is a little better than a Commercial version that is 39 degrees and well boosted. Perhaps a little more than a little, but, not enough to matter to anyone, unless you are really playing at a very high level. I will keep the extra $80.00 (Commercial Hurricane=$20.00, National Hurricane=$100.00). The difference is nowhere near as much as the difference between Tenergy and Sriver. And the price difference between Commercial and National is a much bigger difference.

I had a picture for that which I cannot find.

Reactions: Alborz
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I use one of the cheapest Chinese rubbers for BH unboosted and it works just fine... on BH wing. Excellent control. I have H3 NEO on a bat I use (BH Wing, but use on FH if club gets to 90% humidity) and it plays just fine unboosted. it depends on your objectives.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews

YES。
or can they just be used by regular table tennis glue and would still work as well?
NO.It will not be so powerful as boosted.

National Version:4 ANGLES; for National Team Trains:6 ANGLES;Ordinary Version:8 angles.

National Version has more speed, friction, elasticity,but harder to master.Its flexibility is too strong。BUT it will be so powerful if you could master

Would the DHS hurricane national team trains still work as well when boosted compared to the national version?