Boosting Table Tennis Rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
haifu oil substitute. the one from ttnpp for 8 usd or anywhere else is useless.

i would suggest cleaning it off of with a cloth and letting the rubber air dry for a few days..

also use the search function to search of on boosters/boosting.

When using boosters, do you just put it on the rubber and then on the blade or is it something you apply before putting glue on the rubber to apply it to the blade?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Using lamp oil, I make many coats an hour or so apart, sometimes another couple coats the next day. I allow it to stay by itself at LEAST one full day, sometimes two. I glue the rubber to the blade and put it in my home-made press capable of some serious pressure. I let it stay in my press as long as I can, minimum of one hour, overnight if possible.

Tuning a rubber isn't a quickie operation.

I just tuned a sheet of discarded Bryce and slapped it on an old Primorac Carbon. Dude that thing simply lands everything, especially counterloops.

For the record, I use new rubbers on my main bats, all 4 of them and the bats I use that are laying around or for the Army camp lunch play, I experiment with how to tune old useless stuff.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
no you only put booster on the sponge of the rubber.. it can take up to 2 days to dry depending on how much you put on. i use the glass method where after aplying the bosoter you but the rubber on a glass surface . sponge down first and some weight on top like a book or two. leave for 4-12 hours majority of the booster should be absorbed by now.
what you do now is clear off the residue( if you are using the likes of Seamoon or haifu. ) becuase when it comes to using normal glue to glue the rubber on, it wont stick properly.

then you should be good to go

This user has no status.
I think that depends on each individual piece of rubber ... There's once a rubber which i 1st only added booster to sponge and there's almost zero effect to it, so I then tuned the topsheet as well and things finally worked out. So far tuning the topsheet works even better for me except it speeds up the wearing of topsheet even further(but the rubber still wear out faster than norm even if u only boosted the sponge)

As for reference the booster I've got has instructions on the bottle sayin' u should add booster to the sponge as well as the topsheet and wait for 24hrs b4 puttin' the rubber on your blade. However in Dan's video he only added booster to sponge.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
A lot of people say to apply som lamp oil to the topsheet, but that is useless for performance and doesn't help the health of the topsheet. Veggie oil helps the elasticity restoration. A lot of people apply tuner to the topsheet to reduce the dome, but I never do that. You have to allow the tuner time to get into the sponge properly. A good glue job and time in a press cures the curling up issue.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
When boosting table tennis rubbers, how long do you have to wait until it dries for you to apply the rubber to your bat and is Haifu Oil substitute a good booster to use?[h=1][/h]

I know many professional players who leave their rubbers to dry for 24 hours. Gives the sponge time to soak the glue in. And Haifu Oil is good, theres also a good one from Dandoy. Baby oil i've heard players use to.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2