Forehand Low-Throw rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Hi all,

I need your advice on choosing a forehand rubber :)
I've been playing table tennis for a long time with pre-made bats. About one year ago I started playing more serious and bought a Primorac OFF- plus two Srivers. I was all ok until I felt I can handle more powerful equipments with more speed and spin. So I moved to a TB ALC plus Donic Baracuda on backhand and Acuda S2 on forehand (recently replaced with Bluefire M2).

It still feels great on backhand, but my problem is on forehand. I feel these rubbers are somehow limiting my strokes. If I want to do a powerful loop shot, I should swing nearly horizontal which seems quite unnatural for me and if I move my arm a bit more vertically, ball misses the table so I tend to do weird small arm movements. From what I learned, this is the characteristics of high-throw fast rubbers which I don't like.

Can anyone suggest a low-throw rubber with speed comparable to my current rubbers?

My playing style is near the table and mid-range all-round.

PS. Maybe I am thinking about it all wrong and the problem is my technique :confused: I learned without any coach and just by watching and listening to other players so ... .

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: meskinshirazi
This user has no status.
Yes Bluefire is pretty high throw.
It might be due to your techniques as well but IMO S2 and M2 aren't great rubbers(quite many others like/love M2 though)

If there's no brand restriction for u I suggest Andro Rasant Turbo if u have a strong arm. Low throw rubber. Spin insensitive when blocking(and great feel to me). Great control and spin in short games but also faster than M2 when u swing hard enough to sink the sponge(and MUCH more spin as well).

For harder loops though u need to have accurate and powerful swings in order to unleash the huge spin potential from its super grippy topsheet otherwise it'll be just speed and no spin. From my experience such bat angle should be around 30-45deg(from horizontal) for a hard blade which is pretty high for hard loopings.
Power (especially spin) for attacks won't be that good though if u don't work hard enough to fully engage both topsheet and sponge.

EDIT: Rasant Turbo is 1 of the spinniest rubbers i've ever tried on par with Donic Baracuda and Tibhar 1Q/5Q. All these are considerably spinnier than commercial Tenergy(don't know about the JP and Pro versions of Tenergy though)

Last edited:
Reactions: salehe
This user has no status.
I'm playing with xiom sigma I europe on my backhand and it defently the most low throing rubber i have played with.

You have good speed and spin and it's consistent, the boll never just thrown away. So for players that like low throwing rubbers it's perfekt... and you gonna have good control and still with good power.

Good luck!!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Sigma I is a very low throw rubber, but you can slap on a sheet of Calibra LT and call it a a day.

Everything isn't as simple. You likely need a lot more time with basic strokes and combination drills. If you are comfortable with a rubber on FH, you will be able to do every shot, but not as well as some rubber for a certain shot or sequence.

Keep practicing and if you can, try another club mate's bat whenever possible.

Reactions: Arne and salehe
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Yes Bluefire is pretty high throw.
It might be due to your techniques as well but IMO S2 and M2 aren't great rubbers(quite many others like/love M2 though)
Thank you. Andro is hard to find in my country, but I will try to find someone using Rasant Turbo and try it.

I'm playing with xiom sigma I europe on my backhand and it defently the most low throing rubber i have played with.

You have good speed and spin and it's consistent, the boll never just thrown away. So for players that like low throwing rubbers it's perfekt...
I will try it then :) Thank you

Sigma I is a very low throw rubber, but you can slap on a sheet of Calibra LT and call it a a day.

Everything isn't as simple. You likely need a lot more time with basic strokes and combination drills.
You are right. I need to keep practicing on my strokes (even basic ones). I talked to a coach to help me with them. I just want to use the right setup from now on.

I would say Xiom Sigma Europe, and a calibra LT, these have a low throw and are pretty fast.
Keep practicing on that FH so you get used to he feel of your rubber.
Good luck :)

Skyline or h2 have low throws..

if you wannt a euro rubber with low throw try any variation of bryce, maybe haifu shark 2 , yinhe Sun is kinda low throw, Calibra Lt has really low throw. kinda like bryce low throw

Can anybody tell more about chinese rubbers? do they suit my style?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
salehe, there is no such thing as a "right" setup, but I understand what you are meaning. There are many "Suitable" equipments for TT players and their desired play styles and individual differences.

I think English is NOT your first language and you are doing a great job posting her in English.

As for Chinese rubbers, if anyone still sells Dawei Saviga that is one inexpensive low-throw rubber. www.colestt.com used to sell it and if you email him, maybe he has a few left somewhere. Tell Cole you want low throw and he will tell you what will work from his inventory. Classic H2 is low throw and I suspect the NEO version of H2 is low throw as well. Maybe Skyline 2 is low throw enough for you.

This user has no status.
Most Chinese rubbers have high throw and slow speed so they probably don't suit your needs. Usually alot cheaper though so if u try hard enough u may find 1 suitable for u then u can save yourself some money. Hurricane 2 and Skyline may have low throw but not as quick as your Sriver. Yinhe Mars is a clone of tenergy 64 but not as good(much cheaper than t64 but u get what u pay for).

Bryce is kinda similar to Sriver(very forgiving too) but spin is so weak and so expensive that it just isn't worthy for buying. Calibra Lt and Tenergy 64 makes alot more sense in comparison(but still overpriced IMO).
Never tried Sigma but I tried Omega IV Euro and it's a very decent rubber. Great control and attacking power. Couldn't generate enough spin for serves and short games with it though.

Last edited: