Calibra Tour S

says Tabletennis player from Sweden and Italy. Swedish club...
says Tabletennis player from Sweden and Italy. Swedish club...
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi guys

I am for the moment playing with Calibra Tour S on my forehand

The rubber is very good to attack and do topspin and serve, but it have no tackiness is like the surface is 3 years old but it is 3weeks old.
Is the calibra tour rubber like this or i have a produkt fail?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
imo wouldnt bother with Tour S.. Tour M feels away too soft for a medium hardness rubber, cant immagine how soft S is.. i would advise on getting Tour H for FH or BH. Tour M only for Bh.

control with these rubbers is exceptional. close to the table counter drive looping is a breeze . while still beign able to generate good spin.. also they are not very sensitive to spin so that helps with the control

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
imo wouldnt bother with Tour S.. Tour M feels away too soft for a medium hardness rubber, cant immagine how soft S is.. i would advise on getting Tour H for FH or BH. Tour M only for Bh.

control with these rubbers is exceptional. close to the table counter drive looping is a breeze . while still beign able to generate good spin.. also they are not very sensitive to spin so that helps with the control

...big thanks :) decoy...which means, if your getting the S then your blade must be stiff to balance the feel and impact of the ball, so Tour series are blade dependent then...i might be getting the Tour M for BH...Thanks again!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
not necessarily. a medium soft ish blade like clipper should be ok for it. i think rather than a really hard blade try a 7 ply? ive tried Tour s on my friends blade.. its rather fast calibra sound fast.. so a hard blade would just make it even faster and harder to control.. you would want to use a softer blade to hold the ball on the blade more and then cataput that ball out at the speed of light

This user has no status.
it isn't just simply about the overall hardness.

e.g. my friend's Viscaria is scary in terms of how easy that blade can unleash the potentials from literally every single piece of grippy inverted rubber. (rock hard to jelly soft)
My current combination of rubber and blade is working in perfect harmony despite both are pretty hard, but I tried matching with another hard rubber and the dwell time turned out to be pathetic. It's entirely possible to have a soft blade which only works best with soft rubbers. Do trust your experiences so far with your own blade when deciding on rubber hardness.

Your playing style can also hugely affect what kind of rubber/blade hardness suits you best. In my case any rubber with sponge hardness of 40deg- (regardless of hard or soft topsheet, or thickness) is just unplayable.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews
Tour Soft is soft, but if you like soft rubbers it´s really nice rubber to play with. I used to play with Boost tc on bh but now I changed my bh rubber to Tour S. Tour S has great control and enough spin for my bh needs. So if you are looking for a rubber which is easy to play with but doesn´t have huge power potential, Tour S might suit you very well.

I have Calibra Tour 'S' on both sides of my blade (Donic Waldner carbon Dotec). I find this combination very easy to use, it gives great control and feel for close in table work, particularly blocking, it also has pretty good power generation when needed. Topspin against backspin balls is a breeze. 'Mid' range defensive chopping is also very good, not so good at the back of the court unless you topspin/lob. The rubber lasted about 50 hours of play until it became 'dead' (at A Grade level).