Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
According to this Chinese photo taken in the Qatar 2011 training hall, Ma Long appears to be using the Hurricane 3 - Blue Sponge.

malong blue sponge.jpg

Photo/article: here

Local time on February 10, the Chinese national table tennis team training in the Qatar capital of Doha, The Qatar Open ITTF Pro Tour preparation.

What do you think?... maybe its my bad eyes or hasn't he changed his rubber.

Heres Ma Long's forehand rubber 3 months ago.. notice the sponge is orange.

ma long recent.jpg

Looking forward to the videos to see if Ma Long's forehand seems any different.

For on the Qatar Open click: HERE

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Nah, I mean if these two pics are from the correct time period, your eyes would have to be pretty bad to not notice the change. He is definitely using a blue rubber. It's quite possible that since he hasn't really shown himself in international play for a while, he has spent that time changing aspects of his game. Maybe to improvement, it maybe because he has had to adjust it due to his injury, hopefully its more of the former.

I really wish I knew what the actual difference between orange and blue rubber is. Like whether the blue is harder, or softer, thinner or thicker. Without that knowledge, the fact that he changed his sponge really means nothing to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
thanks for posting i did not know for that...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I wouldn't spend too much time in adapting your sponge to blue or orange each time a chinese player does it. In fact, Chen Qi was using the blue sponge as well as far as I know and now he's using an orange sponge. The blue sponge is a bit less dense and absorbs therefore glue slightly better whereas most of the orange sponges come factory pretuned.