Need Advice for BH Rubber

This user has no status.
Hi I'm planning to replace my used-up Rakza 7 Soft.

The Soft gave me very good spin and best control ever for my BH however it's pretty slow for my taste. Any suggestions for some faster rubbers? I thank you here in advance. :)

Other requirements:
1. A bit less spin is acceptable.
2. Medium hardness (e.g. harder than my Soft but not too hard)
3. Great for blocking. (Spin insensitive. High/low throw doesn't matter though)

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Tibhar Genius will amaze you and it is one stable rubber... exactly what you want on BH wing and you will be suprized at the spin (and control) you get from it.

Got moar money??? Go for Tibhar Evolution FX-P. It does not play as soft as an FX rubber. Control and spin are out of this world. Blocks exceptional and those defensive topspin shots land where I failed with other rubbers.

I would say Aurus soft, but it really is soft, something you said you wanted to avoid.

If you have next to zero money... try my BH rubber... Dawei XP 2008 Super Power. I use it on BH wing for its control. It is a lot like a poor man's Sriver... It does everything well with control, but is not excessively great on any shot... all it has for it is control and medium everything else. Stable as all letout, medium soft or medium firm depending on your definition.

moon pro really works well for me on the backhand. it's also fairly cheap and seems to be taking all the abuse i can throw at it while performing excellently (for my game). the only thing that i found was that blocks require a bit more of a positive shot compared to a tensor like coppa x3 silver (which the moon pro replaced).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Thx for the suggestions guys. All of them seem quite attractive to me.

@der-etche Yeah Tibhar rubbers should be great (particularly the spin according from my friends) unfortunately we only have FX-P and normal Aurus here. Is FX-P really good for blocking? 'Cuz I had some hits with Tibhar 5Q and blocking was a disaster lol.

@craniumburn I've heard some positive reviews about P7/Tenzone but still there're lots of contradictions between these reviews in the aspect of comparing against other rubbers(e.g. T05). Maybe u can compare the P7 to other rubbers u've tried?

says Spread the love for table tennis,,the best game in the world
says Spread the love for table tennis,,the best game in the world
Aug 2012
try Tibhar 5q, outstanding control and adequate spin,,
speed is sufficient to quash the opponent by bh topspins,,
great counter and heavy bh spin is too cool,, a satisfactory rubber for bh,,

otherwise go for Aurus soft, spin is amazing and control is nice but a comprise ll have to be made with speed,,

Last edited:
says cornilleau hinotec off+ is a carbon blade well suited...
says cornilleau hinotec off+ is a carbon blade well suited...
Nov 2012
spin.. p7 > t05 > raksa 7 > rasant

speed...rasant > t05 > raksa 7 > p7

control...p7 > rakza 7 > t05 > rasant

I have played with t05 and rasant and tried rakza ..rasant i dont like( its doesn't agree with my stroke), t05 is ok but a bit expensive. the control and speed difference maybe according to your stroke...just my observation :) p7 I think is the best for backhand.

This user has no status.
@lethal Actually I tested R7 b4 and it still felt a bit slow to me :p

@craniumburn I used Rasant Turbo b4 on FH and I think Rasant series only works best on soft blades. I sold it to my friend 'cuz on my hard blade the dwell time is close to none, but now on my friend's Viscaria the spin potential is finally unleashed from its super grippy topsheet and it becomes 1 hell of a monster.
It's interesting though to hear u say that P7 spins better and has even better control than R7(especially the latter which i thought is impossible :p). Too bad about the speed (probably just a tad faster than my Soft) but still worth considering. Thx alot for your help :)

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
On mr Arirang I have fx.p and aurus. both block super.

FX-P excells at grabbing the ball and controlling it on those soft defensive topspins. It also is SUPERIOR in counterlooping.GREAT control. It is like a juicy Aurus. Spin and conttol with middle game feel as gravy.

I went to nexy last week and picked up two sheets.

Sent from my SHV-E160K using Tapatalk 2

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I just finished playing vs Greg of KFTTC, who is 2 levels better than me and used FX-P very well. I blocked a lot of his shots other Koreans fail to return and those blocks opened up a strong attacking chance as he did not finish the point off my block. Also, FX-P (On my Arirang) had such great countering and opening!

Only negative is it is a very EXPENSIVE rubber, but it lasts even longer than Aurus. I am almost at the one month mark using this setup with FX-P and Aurus and Aurus is alreay chipping away a bit at the edges (normal for most rubbers) and Evo FX-P has ZERO chips and original elasticity...

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Well, Evolution is not a light rubber, but big deal, it is all about balance, feel, and performance. if your blade is built top heavy, then right, any heavy rubber might feel "Weird". FX-P will weigh less than MX-P though, but not by much. Aurus is not so heavy, Rasant did not feel uber heavy either.