Tackiness

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
tackiness and grip are two different things. Grippy are the european/japanese technology rubbers where the ball sinks into the top sheet and sponge and it is launched back out with spin and speed depending on the angle of contact (100% mechanical spin is imparted)

Tacky rubbers work with the same mechanism but with one crucial difference, the ball stays a little longer on your rubber because of the tackiness (mechanical spin and friction spin is created, the percentages depend by the angle of contact again, if you brush horizontally 100% friction spin is created because of the tackiness)

I have been using tacky rubbers for years and I wouldnt recommend you to try to rejuvenate the tackiness because you have to apply the juice evenly on the topsheet which is extremely difficult and may damage your rubber, not to forget that it will cause irregularities in the behaviour of your rubber.

The best way is to perserve the tackiness, by cleaning the rubber with a a few drops of water or sweat very thoroughly immediately after your training session or game has ended. My hurricane3 neo & BS (which is extremely tacky) was still in very good condition after 8-9 months of training (3-4 trainings per week) because I was cleaning it consistently after session.

So If I were you, I would buy rubbers like skyline/ hurricane/ haifu blue whale /apollo/ global999. All of them have great amounts of tackiness and last long enough. Hope I helped

Reactions: Cornerer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
get some WD-40 or equivalent and rub it on the sponge for a few mins then get a nice even spread and leave it over night . in the morning give it another quick rub and clean off with those rubber cleaners and a sponge then wipe off then jsut wipe away with a wet cloth. and you are done. do this fora few nights you should see the difference...

but as far as tacky rubbers like hurricane go.. the older the rubber the better. i had a 1.5 year old TG3 BS and the topsheet has been worn so much that it shined/glossy look. and would ou believe it . it was able to make more spin than when it was brand new

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
get some WD-40 or equivalent and rub it on the sponge for a few mins then get a nice even spread and leave it over night . in the morning give it another quick rub and clean off with those rubber cleaners and a sponge then wipe off then jsut wipe away with a wet cloth. and you are done. do this fora few nights you should see the difference...

but as far as tacky rubbers like hurricane go.. the older the rubber the better. i had a 1.5 year old TG3 BS and the topsheet has been worn so much that it shined/glossy look. and would ou believe it . it was able to make more spin than when it was brand new
I think you can make more spin with that old TG3 BS than when it was new because you technique is improved not because older rubbers can make more spin.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
that could very well be it.. i replaced the old TG3bs because it bubbled after nearly two years of hard battering. but the replacement was the new topsheet tg3 bs and it was no where near as good as the old topsheed that i had earlier :(:(.
but yeah i found once the rubber aged it was much easier to generate spin . the rubber wasnt really tacky anymore but really sticky like a real hybrid between grippy/tacky surface