Hello from India

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi Everyone,
I have recently joined this website after reading the forum contents from past 1 year. :)
I am from India and am very passionate about Table Tennis. I play at a competitive level where I represent my organization as a team member in various corporate tournaments and also I sometimes (when time permits) play at state-ranking tournaments.
I am fairly impressed by the contents (ideas, experiences etc.) which are shared on this website and I feel that I can also contribute to your discussions by sharing my own experiences and ideas.

Looking forward to interact with all of you. :)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Welcome! :)

Great to have you now on the site contributing to all the discussions. We try to make all the content unique and fun to get involved. I would love to go to India one day! Perhaps we could play some games of TT.

Keep pinging buddy.

See you around :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Welcome to the forum KM. it seems that there are a lot of people passionate about TT in India. Could India become a future powerhouse do you think? Is it building the necessary infrastructure; clubs, academys and a strong national center? It must be more difficult in such a large country but then again China is massive!

Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi,
I feel that Table Tennis as sport is still not getting its due share and the amount of attention it deserves. If you look at the current results then Indian players have performed exceptionally well at different levels. However, I don't think that there is any comparison with the Chinese because of their focus and strong heritage line up of senior players. The young budding players in china have so much to look forward and learn from living T.T. legends of their country. This does makes a hell of a difference in my opinion.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Welcome to the forum KM. it seems that there are a lot of people passionate about TT in India. Could India become a future powerhouse do you think? Is it building the necessary infrastructure; clubs, academys and a strong national center? It must be more difficult in such a large country but then again China is massive!

Lot of people are passionate about the game. But we don't have great infrastructure or a national center like China. In fact, you could say the infrastructure sucks. Players who want to play at international level always go to Europe for practice. Like KM pointed out, we don't have a lot of history to look up to. We don't have a strong sporting culture in general. I'll stop here. Don't want to derail this thread. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Sports infrastructure other than cricket is very neglected India. Among racquet sports , though there has been a late surge of badminton , a lot of that has happened due to some individual brilliance and the right kind of marketing. The biggest challenge is infrastructure, rampant politicking and favoritism within sports bodies and a society that for the most part looks down at sports as a pastime. However, I have high hopes that someday somebody will come up and change the thinking , market different sports the correct way and make the correct sports a part of the educational system. India is such a genetic melting pot its really hard to believe we have so few medals in olympics .