Ma Long New Weapon Pictures 2013!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
As many of you may know Ma Long changed his blade after his loss against Wang Hao at the 2013 WTTC. There were many speculations to which blade Ma Long had changed to. Lots of people said it looks similar to the Hurricane Long 3.

Perhaps this blade is similar to Hurricane King 3?

Here is the blade below:

Reactions: yurybarquero
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
PM me for the source to get this blade.
I currently use DHS 506 HL3 Handle, mine is his back up blades during WTTC 2013 Paris, unfortunately he lost to Wang Hao :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
The 2nd or 3rd layer is anigre wood. It is used as 2nd ply mostly (donic waldner dicon, yasaka gatien extra).

So it is an all wood blade, no composite materials at all :p.

Judging from my experience it looks like limba anigre ayous anigre limba, so it is a 5 ply blade or maybe 7ply with 2 outer limba plies

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
The 2nd or 3rd layer is anigre wood. It is used as 2nd ply mostly (donic waldner dicon, yasaka gatien extra).

So it is an all wood blade, no composite materials at all :p.

Judging from my experience it looks like limba anigre ayous anigre limba, so it is a 5 ply blade or maybe 7ply with 2 outer limba plies

TTFrenzy, there is no way that is anigre wood. Take a look at this picture, a side view of the donic blade you mentioned:

Donic_Dicons_SIDE.jpg

If you look at the side view of Ma Long's blade, you can see that the banding is far more uniform than the natural banding seen in the anigre wood.
To me, the composite layer looks very similar to the zylon-carbon layer in my TB ZLC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
TTFrenzy, there is no way that is anigre wood. Take a look at this picture, a side view of the donic blade you mentioned:

Donic_Dicons_SIDE.jpg

If you look at the side view of Ma Long's blade, you can see that the banding is far more uniform than the natural banding seen in the anigre wood.
To me, the composite layer looks very similar to the zylon-carbon layer in my TB ZLC

my mistake then! thanx for the info, I was quite sure about it but then again ML has played with an all wood blade only for a short period of time (dont remember which one) before switching to his usual composite one

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Just read some info for glassfiber in the official butterfly site. It offers good speed (much better than an all wood blade, bit less than a carbonfiber) but with greater stability and very good feeling (less hard than a carbon ply).

So glassfiber is somehow a material for players who seek something inbetween an allwood blade and a composite but with good feeling. Havent tried any blade with such a combo, if anyone has please provide feedback comparing it with carbon blades & all wood ones

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
What ever the Composite they use, they use high quality wood to make this blade.
I have tried PG7, Hlong 2 and Ma Long 506 Hlong 3 handle.
For me PG7 use low quality wood, it has the worse feel.
Hlong 2 feel is good, but the center ply doesn't have pore, it has a catapult feel that it's very difficult to control.
Ma Long 506 Hlong 3, has a very nice woody feel, very powerful and linear, it's the best blade I've used so far.
Speed, feel, control is just unbelievable. It's like a powerful version of Nittaku Violin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
What ever the Composite they use, they use high quality wood to make this blade.
I have tried PG7, Hlong 2 and Ma Long 506 Hlong 3 handle.
For me PG7 use low quality wood, it has the worse feel.
Hlong 2 feel is good, but the center ply doesn't have pore, it has a catapult feel that it's very difficult to control.
Ma Long 506 Hlong 3, has a very nice woody feel, very powerful and linear, it's the best blade I've used so far.
Speed, feel, control is just unbelievable. It's like a powerful version of Nittaku Violin.

Ko Peter, I am starting to wonder how huge your table tennis equipment arsenal is hahaa!

Reactions: Giangt and Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
What blades are similar to Ma Long's new and old blade?... Clipper wood?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

I haven't bought the new one.
The 506 is just a refinement of Clipper wood, it has more power, more control, more feel...
Looping like 5 ply, smash like 7 ply. No need composite really.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I haven't bought the new one.
The 506 is just a refinement of Clipper wood, it has more power, more control, more feel...
Looping like 5 ply, smash like 7 ply. No need composite really.

Nice, I would love to try it. Similar to the Boll Spirit in anyway Peter?