Will Tenergy 80 be okay with this glue ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
The glue is called "Vulkan (or Volcano idk) Champion repeat"
It's not water-based glue but on tenergy is "Attention Butterfly water-based glue is recommended for this rubber"
Would be my tenergy okay with Vulkan or i need to buy free chack or donic vario clean or what.
And I want to glue my acuda s2. Can I for example glue my tenergy with free chack and acuda s2 with vulkan ? Would be it okay?

This user has no status.
I personally use Free Chack glue for Butterfly rubbers (etc. Tenergy, Bryce) and Vario Clean glue for Donic rubbers (etc. Acuda, Baracuda)
In my opinion, they work pretty much similar. Have found that free chack has a less strong bond than the vario clean, which makes it easy to separate from the blade on the corners if you're doing lots of low chops and you hit the rubber on the table. Otherwise, both are fine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Okay so my tenergy would be okay with donic vario clean right ? Just need to know because tommorrow I'm going to buy the glue and glue my rubbers

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay so my tenergy would be okay with donic vario clean right ? Just need to know because tommorrow I'm going to buy the glue and glue my rubbers

Yep. Vario Clean will work with any rubbers. It is good glue. As good as any. Does not matter what kind of rubber, Donic Vario Clean will work on them. So will Free Chack.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Yep. Vario Clean will work with any rubbers. It is good glue. As good as any. Does not matter what kind of rubber, Donic Vario Clean will work on them. So will Free Chack.
Thanks very much for info :) First person who told me clearly and more than i would want and thats very good thanks again bro

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks very much for info :) First person who told me clearly and more than i would want and thats very good thanks again bro

You are welcome. It does seem that several people answered different questions or asked their own. All good.

I would get one of those glues. I use Donic Vario Clean. Which ever water based glue you have, you can use it on all your rubbers including the Acuda S2. There is no reason to use one glue for one rubber and a different glue for a different rubber.

You don't want the Vulkan Champion Repeat. That is the old glue with VOCs in it. Why don't you want that glue? It will work. But, the VOCs will expand the rubber of either the Tenergy or the Acuda S2 and then a week later, the rubber will shrink and be too small for your blade and you will have to take it off and glue it again, and again, and again or you will have to boost them to permanently expand them so they don't shrink again. The VOCs which are against the current rules of play, will expand the sponge and then the sponge shrinks back to its normal size in a couple of days.

It is easier to glue with the new water based glues and if you wanted a boost effect, to boost them, rather than using that Vulkan glue. The Tenergy and the Acuda will also last longer with the water based glue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
You are welcome. It does seem that several people answered different questions or asked their own. All good.

I would get one of those glues. I use Donic Vario Clean. Which ever water based glue you have, you can use it on all your rubbers including the Acuda S2. There is no reason to use one glue for one rubber and a different glue for a different rubber.

You don't want the Vulkan Champion Repeat. That is the old glue with VOCs in it. Why don't you want that glue? It will work. But, the VOCs will expand the rubber of either the Tenergy or the Acuda S2 and then a week later, the rubber will shrink and be too small for your blade and you will have to take it off and glue it again, and again, and again or you will have to boost them to permanently expand them so they don't shrink again. The VOCs which are against the current rules of play, will expand the sponge and then the sponge shrinks back to its normal size in a couple of days.

It is easier to glue with the new water based glues and if you wanted a boost effect, to boost them, rather than using that Vulkan glue. The Tenergy and the Acuda will also last longer with the water based glue.

Wow. You should keep this because these informations are very useful and i didn't ask for them^^. I really apprieciate these info. :)
Btw I asked Dan with which glue I should glue the rubbers and he told me that he recommend free chack.
And one more thing theres the guy which wrote on my other thread this "One thing, Everybody who used Donic vario clean last year was very happy, but this year it's different. When you stick the rubber with it, after some time air comes under the rubber and you get little baloons, rubber starts to vibrate, and the ball can collapse when you play, so I wouldn't recommend it any more, try Tibhar clean fix, I use it from 2008. , it's great." He's nickname here is MDanielCRO.
What do you think about that what he wrote?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Wow. You should keep this because these informations are very useful and i didn't ask for them^^. I really apprieciate these info. :)
Btw I asked Dan with which glue I should glue the rubbers and he told me that he recommend free chack.
And one more thing theres the guy which wrote on my other thread this "One thing, Everybody who used Donic vario clean last year was very happy, but this year it's different. When you stick the rubber with it, after some time air comes under the rubber and you get little baloons, rubber starts to vibrate, and the ball can collapse when you play, so I wouldn't recommend it any more, try Tibhar clean fix, I use it from 2008. , it's great." He's nickname here is MDanielCRO.
What do you think about that what he wrote?

Oh, I don't know. I never had a problem with it. But any of the water based glues from any of the companies should be fine. Free Chack, Tibhar Clean Fix. What you do not want is glue that has VOCs in it. Unless you know what you are doing with boosting the rubbers and don't care what kind of glue you use. But, there is no real need to boost Tenergy or Acuda.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Oh, I don't know. I never had a problem with it. But any of the water based glues from any of the companies should be fine. Free Chack, Tibhar Clean Fix. What you do not want is glue that has VOCs in it. Unless you know what you are doing with boosting the rubbers and don't care what kind of glue you use. But, there is no real need to boost Tenergy or Acuda.
whats VOC btw o.o