Rubber Alternatives/Options

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
I've recently switched to 05FX FH / Yasaka X-tend BH on my YEO and I'm really loving the control I get as well as passing power. I used to use H3 and it's definitely not my style yet due to it's tackiness, although I do love the spin you can generate with chinese rubber.

My question is that what options/alternatives to I have to my current set up in terms of the future when I choose to refresh my paddle? I've been looking at such rubbers as Calibra LT, Genius Sound, and Rasant.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here is the information I would give. After a long time of wanting this not to be the case, I have come to the conclusion that Tenergy is REALLY the best offensive rubber out there. This is the case because of a variety of reasons. It is not the spinniest rubber out there, it is not the fastest rubber out there, it is not the longest lasting. But, it is one of the fastest, spiniest and longest lasting. There is no offensive rubber that is as good at everything (except chopping) as Tenergy. However, not all players can access enough of the gears that Tenergy has to make it worth it.

That being said, there are lots of rubbers to use that are more than good enough.

I like the Xiom rubbers. Omega IV Pro and Europe are pretty decent. I like Sigma II Pro and Europe a little better. Those cost $45-50, something like that.

But then there are a lot of good rubbers that are much less expensive. Dawei Saviga is one I used a long time ago that was inexpensive and quite good. Dawei Inspirit or Inspirit Quatro are also supposed to be decent. I think Der_Echte often recommends another Dawei rubber that is very inexpensive and pretty decent as well: Dawei 2008 XP Super Power. Those Dawei rubbers range from $7-16. You can get many sheets for the price of one Tenergy or one Sigma II rubber.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I found I like medium to hard rubbers for my forehand, Sigma Euro would be good for that wouldn't it?

In Xiom Rubbers Elite is SOFT, Europe is medium soft, Pro is medium and Asia is medium hard. I like Pro better than Asia though.

So if you like medium to hard rubbers for your forehand, I would go with Pro or even try asia.

Reactions: HLDang