Is Kenta starting to find his form after the Hungarian Open 2010?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Kenta has seemed low on confidence recently... however he reached the semi finals of the Hungarian Open 2010 the other day. He beat Ryu Seung Min of Korea on the way. Match can be seen below

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Yeah, he's playing well again, even though he lost in the semi's against Chuang Chih Yuan, he played really well (11-0 as well!). Looking forward to seeing him play in the near future.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
kenta is starting to stop playing like a junior now thats what i allways thought was the problem good to see a change

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
yeah, he's a really good counter hitter with his BH, extremely fast, kinda reminds me of a male version of Ai Fukuhara's BH haha but he needs variation in his BH; a way to win the point by taking the initiative.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Do you guys have a lot of variations in your reverse?

I'm finding I can only have a side-under, and like a side-corkscrew. Can you topspin, float, pure underspin it etc?

I watched the Maze DvD and he seems just do two variations and then changes placement! But on the Schlager one he does loads.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
i can vary reverse to nearly anything but i struggle with serving long to the forehand i know you shouldn't do it too much but i struggle to do it once

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Do you guys have a lot of variations in your reverse?

I'm finding I can only have a side-under, and like a side-corkscrew. Can you topspin, float, pure underspin it etc?

I watched the Maze DvD and he seems just do two variations and then changes placement! But on the Schlager one he does loads.

Hey Mezmer your from Bristol?

I went there for 5 years at Filton, table tennis academy :D

Yh I can do all the spins for reverse, you just have to practice it loads and find the technique that fits you... also try different hand grips for the reverse I found that helped.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Haha! Yss mate,

It's Shaun (I came across from Youtube) I get coached by Dan K and had a couple of sessions with your good self!.

Remember my very slow Reverse pendulum? lol

Awesome I'll try adding a few more variations in then.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Haha! Yss mate,

It's Shaun (I came across from Youtube) I get coached by Dan K and had a couple of sessions with your good self!.

Remember my very slow Reverse pendulum? lol

Awesome I'll try adding a few more variations in then.

haha hey man!

Hows it going?? still playing super league and practising?, Yeh your serves were great! another little key trick is to not over complicate things with the serves to... jsut master the basics of each spin with the reverse.. like so you can do it with your eyes shut ^^_^^ and then expand to other stuff :)

Speak soon dude

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
haha hey man!

Hows it going?? still playing super league and practising?, Yeh your serves were great! another little key trick is to not over complicate things with the serves to... jsut master the basics of each spin with the reverse.. like so you can do it with your eyes shut ^^_^^ and then expand to other stuff :)

Speak soon dude

i allways over do my serves with out knowing its so annoying

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
haha hey man!

Speak soon dude

Yeah still play Dan! Getting a bit better now too, started to move my feet, lol

Yeah I need to get that 'I want to come up with the best, trickiest, most unreturnable serve ever' thing out of mind. I notice a lot of the Chinese pros like Ma Long seem to use their bodies and turn into the serve to square up to the table pretty dramatically, so have been trying to imitate that a bit much lately!

Cheers for tips dude.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yeah still play Dan! Getting a bit better now too, started to move my feet, lol

Yeah I need to get that 'I want to come up with the best, trickiest, most unreturnable serve ever' thing out of mind. I notice a lot of the Chinese pros like Ma Long seem to use their bodies and turn into the serve to square up to the table pretty dramatically, so have been trying to imitate that a bit much lately!

Cheers for tips dude.

wicked stuff m8,

yeah serves are the best,, its the first stroke in the game :p... yeah if you use your body then you get into ready position quicker giving you more time to react to your opponents serve ;)... dam im to geeky!

Haha loving your profile pic,, so funny that women is a legend!!

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
i practice service on wednesdays for atleast 2 hours depending on how good im serving