says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Adidas Tenzone Ultra Review

TableTennisDaily had the fantastic opportunity to review Adidas latest Tenzone Ultra Rubbers.

Dan used the Avenger blade and Tom used the Hypertouch blade in the review which looked at the Adidas Tenzone Ultra rubbers on both sides of their blades. The review looks at various techniques and a range of shots used in today's modern game of table tennis. Thanks to Adidas, Daniel Ives, Tom Maynard, Emily Standing, Mark Kinlocke and Bristol Civil Service Table Tennis Club in the making of this review.

We hope you enjoyed this review, let us know what you think by posting below guys. Have you tried the Adidas Tenzone Ultra rubbers yet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Great review, would you say Stiga Calibra Tour rubbers that you've tested generate better spin and grip the ball better than Tenzone Ultra? Like the medium and hard version? And is the arc higher?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cornerer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Great Bat

Adidas Tenzone Ultra Review

TableTennisDaily had the fantastic opportunity to review Adidas latest Tenzone Ultra Rubbers.

Dan used the Avenger blade and Tom used the Hypertouch blade in the review which looked at the Adidas Tenzone Ultra rubbers on both sides of their blades. The review looks at various techniques and a range of shots used in today's modern game of table tennis.

We hope you enjoyed this review, let us know what you think by posting below guys. Have you tried the Adidas Tenzone Ultra rubbers yet?

Hello just wondering may you tell me some friends or suggest some friends to me just joined and is it possible toget that bat in london i would like that bat thanks please get back in touch

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Interesting how different the spin on the serves is. In all the other rubber reviews, Dan, you were able to get the ball to go right back to the net over and over again. I did not see that happen once with the serves in this review. So more control and good for smacking close to the table, and good for blocking and counter looping. But not for generating heavy spin in serves or away from the table. And also harder to flip because the topsheet does not grab the ball as fully as some other rubbers. Interesting.

Great review.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
more control and good for smacking close to the table, and good for blocking and counter looping. But not for generating heavy spin in serves or away from the table. And also harder to flip because the topsheet does not grab the ball as fully as some other rubbers. Interesting.

I recently tried Tibhar Evolution Mx-P and I've noticed the same things, it's harder to loop away from the table and to produce more spin and arc to lift it up over the net but it's rather a rubber for quick smacking, flicking, counter-looping and smashing. But I'm still wondering how does Stiga Calibra Tour the hard series perform in that aspect. And I don't know how is with Andro Rasant...

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks for all the amazing responses on our latest review guys! Much appreciated!

Great review!

I am glad Adidas has decided to manufacture high quality table tennis equipment. I think if players started using Adidas it would bring some more popularity to the sport (especially in the U.S.)!!! Hopefully they keep working to create better and better products to compete with well known brands.

Totally agree, I think your right, this could bring in a lot more people to the sport if it is/looks more commercially better.

Hi Dan the man!
Another great review by you guys! Loved Toms no look shot that you owned big time! :)
Just wondering if the grip and spin issues you had during the reviews could be the relatively hard blades you have used?

Haha hey buddy, glad you liked the review :) Yeah you are right, we should have mentioned this, a slower, softer blade could have gave the rubbers more dwell time, thus increasing the spin :)

Great review, would you say Stiga Calibra Tour rubbers that you've tested generate better spin and grip the ball better than Tenzone Ultra? Like the medium and hard version? And is the arc higher?

Hey :) Well, I think away from the table the Medium and Hard version of the Calibra Tour are good. If you see here when we tested them the spin and arc was pretty impressive:

Those shorts look ....ahem...how should I say this..cute?:cool:

Great video. the review explained a lot of what the rubber is really like.

Haha! Cheers Mark, thanks for all the amazing help! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
good play of two strong players!but...your level makes it easy to play this way with any blade or rubber/it looks in your comments like ideal rubber?!do you suggesting to me to throw out my T05 and buy ADI?can you compare it with T05 in spin-speed-control?

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I threw out my T05 and changed to tenzone and p7 and I love that combo. Was great to discuss a lot with Dan during his review as I had done a review of Tenzone Ultra myself and we shared a lot of similar opinions about this rubber too, aye Dan ;) haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I threw out my T05 and changed to tenzone and p7 and I love that combo. Was great to discuss a lot with Dan during his review as I had done a review of Tenzone Ultra myself and we shared a lot of similar opinions about this rubber too, aye Dan ;) haha
why?is T05 too expensive for you,or ADI is the best rubber you ever seen?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan, Tom - thanks a lot for such an extensive review. Do you think it is possible that the perceived low throw of the rubber away of the table was caused by using fastish OFF blades?

good play of two strong players!but...your level makes it easy to play this way with any blade or rubber/it looks in your comments like ideal rubber?!do you suggesting to me to throw out my T05 and buy ADI?can you compare it with T05 in spin-speed-control?

I think it all comes down to what rubber attributes suits your style of play best buddy. T05 is a very spinny rubber and harder than the Adidas series in review. It depends if you want a rubber thats very fast and great for close to the table counter attacks, then i'd go for the Tenzone Ulta. If your style is more about spin and variation and serve/receive i'd go for a rubber like the T05. Hope this helps :)

Was great to discuss a lot with Dan during his review as I had done a review of Tenzone Ultra myself and we shared a lot of similar opinions about this rubber too, aye Dan ;) haha

Yeah you are right it sure was interesting, it is quite impressive how accurate my review, Ben's review and yours was about the Tenzone Ultra rubber.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I think it all comes down to what rubber attributes suits your style of play best buddy. T05 is a very spinny rubber and harder than the Adidas series in review. It depends if you want a rubber thats very fast and great for close to the table counter attacks, then i'd go for the Tenzone Ulta. If your style is more about spin and variation and serve/receive i'd go for a rubber like the T05. Hope this helps :)

Yeah you are right it sure was interesting, it is quite impressive how accurate my review, Ben's review and yours was about the Tenzone Ultra rubber.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Thanks for the explanation!

Please keep up the good reviewing work! It is very rare that we can see the same high-level player player review different rubber families at length and in detail, bringing out the subtle differences between them. It would be great if you could continue by reviewing other modern rubber families - such as the Donic Bluefire, Tibhar Evolution, Xiom Omega V/ Sigma II, Andro Rasant, etc.

Reactions: Dan