Rubber Tuning

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
As the title suggests, it's about Rubber tuning. Everybody knows that it is illegal but nevertheless I think there will be some people here determined to give it some familiarity. Some info would be heard very good times.

My questions:

1. What tuning means produce a really good result?
2. Where to get these funds?
3. Rubbers which you should use and what the way through it?
4. If anyone has videos as he works his rubber he could then upload any here?

My experience:

1. I've tried it with:

Baby oil - lighter fluid - Butterfly Speed Optimizer - normal oil for frying

2. None of these funds has brought me further, even if my Rubbers have quite stretched ^ ^. Maybe I have had the dose is too high or those funds bring nothing.

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................................

Been thinking of you shall be
"this thread is completely unnecessary because you can not tune"
My answer would be directly
"When the Rubbers were not so expensive I would certainly never think my pads are trying to tune"

I just hope I can look forward to great answers =)

Greeting bFeee

edit: If my pronunciation should not be so good I need to apologize for my English degree is not the best =)

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
Ah a Bio Booster oke .... How long does the effect? Is there a real effect? Perhaps a small description of you? Would be nice =)

says TBS - H3/Tengery 64 YEO - H3/Xplode
says TBS - H3/Tengery 64 YEO - H3/Xplode
Feb 2011
i'm using up my old batch of juic ecolo expander as well as a batch sent to me from ttnpp.com in hong kong. gives me a good boost in speed if i apply too many layers. i mainly use it to soften up my hurricane 3 a tad bit for my liking. the added speed is always good though =)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yeah i find it very good,, hmm it lasted around a month id say... I used it because i got recommended to use it by some top players, but i think a lot of the boosters sold by the major manufactures are good. I once tried the Stiga booster... thats a good one!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Do you use it even with the Tenergy?

Yeah ive tried it... i think tenergy on its own is fine... maybe boost your tenergy when its getting old and weak...

But its personal preference i guess. I know players who boost there tenergy out the packet.. just depends if you like the feel and if you can play your own game with it

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
Already know plays well .. I would also direct an older Tenergy lying around here .. If I'd still find a shop and know how expensive the stuff is ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Tuning a rubber for me is to maximize the grip and stick of the blade to the glue complete with optimal spread of the glue.

Some tools could be used such as Yasaka Clicky Press.
For me, I just put my blade on a table (only the head) and put one complete series of oxford encyclopedia lol.
Let it for 30 minutes is enough and wow the result imo is amazing !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
It's probably best to glue with homemade speed glue. I've heard that a lot of Chinese rubbers from the old #19 sponge were the best to use. The key is layering the glue in multiple layers. I've always done different types of solvents with rubber cement. If you want a light feel try a 1:1 ratio of glue to solvent if you want a crazy feel try 1:10 glue to solvent. 1 part glue 9 parts solvent, but the key is to use different types. Toluene, naptha, benzene, lighter fluid are all good things to mix together, but just be safe and don't be around an open flame or what not. Plus you never want to allow the container to be kept in an above room temperature area.

Hope you guys have fun it's crazy what the glue can do to the rubber.

This user has no status.
Quite interesting discussion, this home-made booster. Through my studies in oil painting i have aquired some basic knowledge in solvent and glue chemics. Since many of the solvents dissipate very differently and have different characteristics, turpentine in various forms, could prove very effective. I Will most certainly investigate this matter by experimenting with some of my old rubbers. Venetian Turpentine ftw!

This user has no status.
hello everybody,

tuning is not illegal ! you should only not change the characteristics of the TOPSHEET , because this topsheet has an ITTF approval or not. :cool:

As an alternative to Bio Booster (as in the youtube clip) you can just use 2 to 3 layers of Parrafine (= lamp oil) on the sponge, apply it with a little brush, it will expand the sponge and create a boosting effect (more speed and spin!)
Lamp oil only costs about 3 euro for a liter.;) You let dry your boosted sponge for several hours and glue with the normal water based glue
(a simple hobby glue is perfect for this, 1,5 euro for 150 ml)

hobby glue.jpg
A lighter boosting can be obtained with WD40 also 3 layers on the sponge, and this can also be used on the topsheet side , to restore tackiness of the rubber (it has oils in it that slightly attack the rubber-> more tack !).
WD40.jpg

You can give a worn rubber a new life with these tips !!

Try it out and let me know the results you get !!

PS maybe 4 to 5 layers gets a better effect but i haven't tried this, since i dont like too much speed (i like to be able to chop a ball and keep it short behind the net)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
tuning is not illegal ! you should only not change the characteristics of the TOPSHEET , because this topsheet has an ITTF approval or not. :cool:

But you change the characteristics of the topsheet, when applying booster to the sponge ! Or do you think the topsheets size will stay the same, while the sponge expands a lot ? :D