Genius Sound / Genius+ Optimum Sound

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Tried all of them, Genius sound and genius+ optimum sound are harder than the nimbus soft/sound and Energy xtra rubber.

Compared to tenergy, the genius rubbers are a little softer.

The express 1/2 rubbers were rubbish for me. They got some weird catapult effect, when you try to loop a heavy backspin ball, they make a high throw and I always played them over the table.
Nimbus soft is a little slower for me than the nimbus sound.

Lots of people in belgium play with genius sound on the forehand, its a very decent rubber and I think a good replacement for the tenergy rubbers.

So if you like harder rubbers and you dont want to pay too much, I would say go for the genius sound.
If you like just a little softer I would go for the genius+optimum sound.

And if you want to go for a lot softer, take nimbus sound/soft or the energy xtra.

But if you like the feeling of tenergy then nimbus will be way too soft for you. Because for me it feels like a glued samba rubber, which used to be the softest rubber I know when speed glueing was still allowed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Thanks for the reply.
Nimbus Soft is my all time favourite and most fun rubber with the best feeling for me. But the durability was bad for the price of it.
Nimbus Sound was softer than Nimbus Soft. I prefer Soft. So the Genius Sound and Genius+ Opt Sound are both harder sponges than Nimbus Soft?

Yes they both have harder sponge than nimbus soft. I tested them both on a primorac off- blade and they didnt make much sound. I play without boost or glue or whatever there is, so maybe if you boost it you might get some clicking sound. Also it feels like the genius rubbers are slower than nimbus sound/soft, but its probably not true. I think the nimbus rubbers have a catapult effect which makes me think they are faster. But the genius rubbers are harder so they must be faster.