• Asian Team

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • European Team

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Tomorrow (and wednesday), the Euro-Asian Allstars start up again in Beijing for their first leg match this year.

CCTV5 will televise the event on both days live starting at 7:30 pm local time. i think that would be 11:30 GMT.

The event website is HERE

and here are the rosters:

07AsianC.jpg

Photo by: ITTF Asia Office

Asian Team (click players name for more information on them)
(Beijing)

1 ZHANG Jike (CHN)
2 MIZUTANI Jun (JPN)
3 JOO Se Hyuk (KOR)
4 CHUANG Chih Yuan (TPE)
5 TANG Peng (HKG)

4597090111tabletennis2.jpg

Photo: HERE

European Team (click players name for more information on them)
(Beijing)

1 Timo Boll (GER)
2 Vladimir Samsonov (BLR)
3 SCHLAGER Werner (AUT)
4 APOLONIA Tiago (POR)
5 CRISAN Adrian (ROU)

and here are the matchups (from an article on the event website):

"At the opening duel on the first day will play JOO Se Hyuk vs. Tiago APOLONIA and the list of duels goes on with CHUANG Chih-Yuan vs. Werner SCHLAGER, ZHANG Jike vs. Vladimir SAMSONOV, Jun MIZUTANI vs. Timo BOLL and TANG Peng vs. Adrian CRISAN.

On the second day JOO Se Hyuk will meet Adrian CRISAN, TANG Peng will play against Werner SCHLAGER, Jun MIZUTANI against Vladimir SAMSONOV, ZHANG Jike will meet Timo BOLL and CHUANG Chih-Yuan will play against Tiago APOLONIA."

apparently, timo boll will get another shot at zhang jike on wednesday. let's see if he can, at the very least, win 1 single, solitary game!!

oh, one more thing... i'm not sure how to access CCTV5 over the internet. if someone out there has a clue, pls. let us all know. the event website has a MULTIMEDIA page where they will eventually post (a link to) all the matches.

So who will win? leave a comment below

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Great!!! Im with europe team side.. but.. i think that asian team will win.. :/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
i've been looking around the 'net and, apparently, it will be live-streamed on bwin.com. but the times they give are different. they're saying that it will start at 7:30 am GMT.

also, on CCTV5, on the 2nd day (wednesday), the live broadcast has apparently been preempted by a chinese basketball game, so they're saying they will show the TT on tape-delay at around 10:20 pm, local time, or 2:20 pm GMT. the b-ball game is scheduled to end at 9:30 pm local time, so maybe those of you who have access to CCTV5 should turn it on around that time (1:30 pm GMT) just in case they try to "sneak" it in, cuz they don't seem to stay with the announced schedule over there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I think europe can actually win if the matchups of takaaki are right.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
The ones in bold are my winner predictions :D

JOO Se Hyuk vs. Tiago APOLONIA
CHUANG Chih-Yuan vs. Werner SCHLAGER
ZHANG Jike vs. Vladimir SAMSONOV
Jun MIZUTANI vs. Timo BOLL
TANG Peng vs. Adrian CRISAN.

JOO Se Hyuk vs. Adrian CRISAN
TANG Peng vs. Werner SCHLAGER
Jun MIZUTANI vs. Vladimir SAMSONOV
ZHANG Jike vs. Timo BOLL
CHUANG Chih-Yuan vs. Tiago APOLONIA

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
JOO Se Hyuk vs. Tiago APOLONIA - Joo Se Hyuk. His Improvements from 2010 to this year is astronomical.
CHUANG Chih-Yuan vs. Werner SCHLAGER - I would give this one to Chuang Chih-Yuan here. Schlager is getting old and Chuang is reaching his prime.
ZHANG Jike vs. Vladimir SAMSONOV - Zhang Jike. If the matches are mentioned beforehand, Zhang would get a lot of preparation for the match, whereas Samsonov has little experience against Zhang.
Jun MIZUTANI vs. Timo BOLL - Tough call, I would say Timo Boll winning 3-2.
TANG Peng vs. Adrian CRISAN. - I know little about the two players, but Tang Peng can give a good match to Wang Liqin once in a while, so I would say Tang.

JOO Se Hyuk vs. Adrian CRISAN - Joo Se Hyuk, for reasons mentioned above.
TANG Peng vs. Werner SCHLAGER - It's been a while since Tang Peng played in a big event like this, experience should edge out here.
Jun MIZUTANI vs. Vladimir SAMSONOV - I would say Jun takes this one. Samsonov's style is too passive against the aggressiveness of asian players. Jun wins 3-2 or 3-1.
ZHANG Jike vs. Timo BOLL - Whoever wins their first day match will win this match, meaning Zhang would get a slight edge here.
CHUANG Chih-Yuan vs. Tiago APOLONIA - Chuang takes this one down.

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
for those of you who couldn't watch it live, the vids are posted here: http://bugu.cntv.cn/sports/information/cctv5tiyusaishi/videopage/index.shtml

this is a chinese page. the vids are posted near the top of the list. the 1st one on the list is the last vid, the next one is the 2nd to the last, etc.

Thanks Takaaki!

Heres the first matches

Euro vs Asia 2011 - Timo Boll vs Jun Mizutani

Euro vs Asia 2011 - Zhang Jike vs Vladimir Samsonov

Euro vs Asia 2011 - Joo See Hyuk vs Thiago Apolonia

Euro vs Asia 2011 - Werner Schalger vs Chuan Chih Yuan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks guys, yes a great tournament, heres the second instalment of matches provided by ttprovider

Asia vs. Europe 2011: Joo Se Hyuk-Adrian Crisan

Asia vs. Europe 2011: Tang Peng-Werner Schlager

Asia vs. Europe 2011: Zhang Jike-Timo Boll

Asia vs. Europe 2011: Jun Mizutani-Vladimir Samsonov

Ian

This user has no status.

Ian

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Thanks for the excellent videos! There were some good matches here. I'm surprised the European team didn't do better considering they have some very strong players and the Asian team only had one Chinese player. I predict a 6-4 win for Europe at the next event though and a tie-break match will be needed (for the 3rd year in a row).

Looks like Zhang Jike really has Timo's number. He's beaten him fairly comfortably in their last 2 matches now. I had't seen anything of Zhang until recently but he looks like an amazing player. Very consistent and very powerful.