March World Rankings- Boll still tops it

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Good news for Timo Boll fans. The world rankings for March have just come out from the ITTF and here are the listings below.

Mens

1263516474061_1263516474061_r.jpg

Photo by: (Xinhua/Chen Kai)

1) Timo Boll
2) Wang Hao
3) Ma Long
4) Zhang Jike
5) Ma Lin
6) Xu Xin
7) Jun Mizutani
8) Vladimir Samsonov
9) Wang Liqin
10) Joo Se Hyuk

Timo Boll maintained his ranked 1 spot on the planet by securing a place in the final on the German Open 2011. Xu Xin has taken a big leap from 8 to 6 after winning the Slovenian Open 2011. Wang Hao has kept his number 2 ranking postion after some steady performances at the recent Pro Tour events.

Zhang Jike has moved up two places by securing a Pro Tour win at the recent German Open 2011 beating the number 1 seed TImo Boll.

Further in the rankings, Ma Long is climbing his way back up the rankings after being knocked off the one spot due to an ankle injury last year. Ma Long has over took Ma Lin to third position. Ma Lin has dropped two places to spot 5.

Vladimir Samsonov has had a decline on the rankings by 3 places after the recent performances by the players around him. Jun Mizutani got a huge win at the UAE Open 2011 against Ma Lin of China to move himself up to position 7. Theres been no change at the bottom of the rankings with Wang Liqin on 9th postion whilst Joo Se Hyuk t 10.

Women

Guo_Yan.jpg

Photo by: www.ittf.com

1) Guo Yan
2) Li Xiaoxia
3) Ding Ning
4) Guo Yue
5) Liu Shiwen
6) Feng Tianwei
7) Kim Kyung Ah
8) Ai Fukuhara
9) Wang Yuegu
10) Kasumi Ishikawa

On the womens side of the World rankings there has been a reasonable amount of change. The new world number 1 of the ladies is Guo Yan! Delighted Guo over took LI Xiaoxia from the previous Febuary rankings.
Ai Fukuhara has made a leap into the main area of the top ten rankings by jumping from 10 to 8.

---So whats your summary on the rankings this period? Please share this page to your facebook by clicking share at the top :) Thanks! ---

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Lol, there are 5 chinese below Timo Boll, all very capable of beating him almost anytime, can anyone really think he will stay #1? My bet is on both Xu Xin and Zhang Jike (even though I dont like ZJK) taking the first and second place, Wang Hao 3rd, Ma long 4th and Ma Lin 6th, while Timo Boll 5th

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Lol, there are 5 chinese below Timo Boll, all very capable of beating him almost anytime, can anyone really think he will stay #1? My bet is on both Xu Xin and Zhang Jike (even though I dont like ZJK) taking the first and second place, Wang Hao 3rd, Ma long 4th and Ma Lin 6th, while Timo Boll 5th

Must admit, it is very impressive from Boll, If i was Boll looking at those rankings,, i would think,,, christ!!! ive got some top elite pros chasing me ha :)

He will be fine tho!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010

Like the last thread about this world ranking, yes Boll has several chinese players who generally beat him when they play, but the problem is, those same chinese players lose to each other. So even if boll never wins a final, he still has a good chance to lead the rankings, because the chinese player who beats him in one tournament, could simply lose in the next, thereby making it no real difference in change of points.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
i love timo,but i think he is not capable to stay for a long time at #1 ...i would love it ,but its his posibiltys... thats what i think :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
where is primorac. he really disappointed me

Lol, Primorac is ancient. I don't even recall him being in the top twenty in recent years. Anyways, I believe Wang Hao leads the world rankings as of april... sup this thread is kinda irrelevant now. Ma Long still has a ways to go if he wants to be one again anytime soon. Zhang Jike and Wang Hao will be tough to pass... even Timo.