Timo Boll and his tuned Tenergy

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
Really look at this, it must be tuned. This rubber is the after effects of tuning ... or? You can see the bimples in the rubber.

I would like to know how the factory's do this? Anyone have some inside info or anything?

boll.png

LG bFeee

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I still can't believe that people actually think Timo is not using boost or anything.

Guys try this: Take a white paper, put some water on it, leave it on the paper for 10 seconds and then see what happens to the paper. It gets all those bumps and looks exactly the same as this rubber.

What I'm trying to say is, if you boost a rubber as much as they do to make it as fast as possible, the sponge tries to absorbe all the boost and glue and thats what happens. It starts to look just like that.

I dont understand why Timo boll was allowed to play with that rubber, because a rubber should be completely flat and straight and this one is obviously not.

And another thing, you can see the rubber is not very well glued at the sides. I got the same problem with my boosted rubbers, they come off at the sides.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hello,

Just use one or two layers of lamp oil (paraffine) on the sponge and let dry for like 1 hour between each layer, your rubber will be tuned !
I tried this on an Andro Revo Fire and an Andro Impuls Speed (black 1,8) and a Tibhar Nimbus (red, 2 mm) and it works very well.
The tuning effect stays for a good week.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
You can recreate that surface if you use too much water glue or spread it unevenly. Tons of people had that problem when we first transitioned when they used way too much. If anything this photo proves he doesn't tune. The edges of that rubber are curling down. If you look at any chinese player's forehand the edges are curling up.