Are you a Table Tennis coach?

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Tell us whether you are involved in coaching, what level of player, how long you've been doing it and why you wanted to become a table tennis coach! :)

Is there any advice you can give to players wanting to be a coach?

Jai-Yi-Liu-Paul-Drinkhall-England-Coaching.jpg

Photo by: etta

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I have about 20 more hours of group coaching to do to get my ittf level 1 cert, I coach beginner level juniors, intermediate juniors and individuals at a range of levels. I wanted to become a coach so I could not only develop someone's game, but inspire the same passion that I have for table tennis and hope that they build their own goals to carry on the sport like I have.

To anyone who is looking at coaching, you have to remember it's important for lower level players to make sure they are having some kind of success, keep them positive and keep your exercises fun and enjoyable, try and avoid being critical and be more encouraging :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
I wanna become a USATT regional coach.
To fulfill requirements, I have to reach 2100 rating, about to assist National Level player in coaching, and have already been coaching players from 800 to 1400 rating for about sometime now.

I don't like to focus too much on fundamentals, especially when their aim is not to become professional but to enjoy. So, I show them a way to be very consistent in however they chose to play, I feel through this, table tennis is able to become an art of expression.

Unlike at higher level where to win, everyone is forced to abide by the same style..I feel if people can be consistent at lower levels, it could be much more beautiful.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Number 1 I would encourage them to practice with a robot. Number 2 I would give them a bucket of balls to practice serves. Number 3 I would have them play multi ball a lot. Spend more time hitting those balls . Minimize time spent on picking them up. Use a ball picker upper - www.mypingpongbuddy.com