Bluefire JP01 versus M2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Hi...I'm a US 2200+ player, penholder.
I just tested the new Bluefire JP01 rubber. Prior to this, I was using M2.
In theory, I was hoping that JP01's hardness is in between M1 and M2 so it will help to make my backhand punch block more crisp.
M2 is a great looping rubber and also wonderful backhand punch block but it can be at times a bit soft when I want to do a backhand flick.

So my first day experience with JP01 is that it is surprisingly softer than M2. Looping wise is effortless and the speed is really fast/spinny with the second jump really flat. Short push and serve is very good too. The only downside is that the rubber's softness makes flat hit, punch block a bit slow.

I will try a few more days before I decide if I'm going to test the M1. In general, I'm happy with M2.

John

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Just try it again today. JP01 is confirmed softer than M2. It's great for looping but the arc is extremely high. The rubber sink in a lot so when you make powershot,
it's possible for the ball to hit into the paddle too much. I'm back to my M2. It's more forgiving and more crisp.
Also...note that if you ever remove any Bluefire rubber, you have to remove the glue before you stick it on again. If not, the rubber plays like a cardboard, not very responsive and not much spin. I have noticed it several time when I remove my Bluefire to test other rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Sounds like a really nice rubber, John. Sounds like something I might try. Are you a two winged looper or more a punching RPB and looping forehand?

Hi...I am an one sided penholder. So basically I need my rubber to be able to do punch block and loop well. Jp01 loop well but not that crisp for blocking , as compared to M2. So I'm sticking with my M2 :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
IMO, JP-01 does have a sponge hardness between M1 and M2, but the topsheet is softer than the original Bluefire series, and this generation of Tensors seem to have some kind of low-speed damping effect (less bouncy). Totally agree with John about the results of this - overall softer feel than M2, and I have a hard time blocking with JP as well, but looping is really nice.