Britain's 2012 Olympic team

Which 3 players would you like to see represent Great Britain?

• Paul Drinkhall - Darius Knight - Gavin Rumgay

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Paul Drinkhall - Darius Knight - Andrew Baggaley

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Paul Drinkhall - Darius Knight - Liam Pitchford

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Paul Drinkhall - Liam Pitchford - Gavin Rumgay

• Paul Drinkhall - Liam Pitchford - Andrew Baggaley

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Paul Drinkhall - Andrew Baggaley - Gavin Rumgay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul Drinkhall - Gavin Rumgay - Adam Robertson

• Paul Drinkhall - Ryan jenkins - Liam Pitchford

• Paul Drinkhall - Ryan jenkins- Darius Knight

• Other Combination - comment below :)

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
Hey Everyone,

Over the last few years in England there has been massive speculation on who should be selected to represent England for the Olympics 2012. Well as the Olympics is only around the corner, the selections will be made soon!

Paul Drinkhall (Sheffield), GB men’s table tennis number one said:

“My ultimate dream has always been to be an Olympic medallist and to have the chance to compete in my home country is better than any dream. As a team we have made good progress in recent years and we will aim to produce our best performances to excite the home fans at London 2012.”

_44300576_paul_drinkhall2.jpg

Darius Knight (London), Team GB men’s table tennis hopeful said:

“Playing in the Olympics means everything to me. Competing in front of the home crowd is an opportunity that will never come again. It’s a chance to put table tennis on the map in this country. Everyone at one stage has played table tennis or knows of it. It’s a great sport because it can be played anywhere, you don’t need lots of money, and your size, age, race, religion or ability doesn’t matter. It’s a sport made for everyone to enjoy.”

_44300575_darius_knight2.jpg

Players in the limelight of selection in world ranking order are:

Paul Drinkhall at #129
Andrew Baggaley at #142

And then the rest of the British Squad are close to each other:

Ryan Jenkins at #213
Gavin Rumgay at #242
Darius Knight at #249
Liam Pitchford at #259
Daniel Reed at #262

_44582001_6_gbteam416.jpg

- How do you think the team should be selected - Due to world ranking? or due to potiential or past wins?

and who do you think will be in the team when it has been chosen?

p.s if your British share this page to your face book page and spread the word! :)

This user has no status.
Hey everyone!

The big question now is..who wil play for Great Britain in the Olympics 2012?

From my point of wiew, this is a difficuelt desision.

Paul Drinkhall is Englands number 1 so I think he is safe..but who will the two other players bee?

I think Andrew Baggaley and Darius Knight will get the chance to play in London. Why? Baggaley is now 28 years old and I think this will bee his only chance to come to the Olympic games. He has fighted soo hard for this in many years for this and this will be a right desision to make. Darius is also young and good. I think it wil be right to give Darius a chance to show what he have been fighting for the last years. And he is young, but not to young.

So many of you wil think..why not Liam Pitchford? He is very good player, but I think he is to young..the pressure wil be very high..the fans hopes for the best resualts for the homenation.
I think he will have a good chance in Rio in 2016.

Anyway I think England will have a good future with many good talented players like Drinkhall, Darius Knight, Liam Pitchford and many others.

says Arrrrssseeenaaalll!!!!
says Arrrrssseeenaaalll!!!!
Feb 2011
I think the England team should be delected due to potiential or past wins not by ranking at the moment. I would have loved to see Darius have a go at the 2012 Olympics, but i don't think its going to happen unless he starts getting bigger wins. Danny Reed has got a chance of going to the Olympics if he keeps his performance up.

Paul Drinkhall
Andrew Baggaely
Liam Pitchford