Happy Birthday Ma Long! 25 Years Old!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Today, world number 1 Ma Long turned 25 years of age. We wish Ma long a huge happy birthday! On Ma Long's Weibo account, Wang Hao, Zhang Jike, Liu Guoliang, Kong Linghui, Wang Liqin, Xiao Zhan (ZJK's coach) and others, posted on Weibo wishing Ma Long a happy birthday.

malongweibo.jpg

Ma Long's status translated to English, "Thankyou to all my fans for the gifts (picture below) and support. I'am proud to be a member of the honourable Chinese Table Tennis Team, and honoured to have the chance to contribute to its glory."

malongpresents.jpg

So guys, what do you think the future is like for Ma Long? He is now at the age of 25... young contenders are trying to take his position such as 16 year old Fan Zhendong. How many more years can Ma Long stay at the top?

Happy Birthday Ma Long!

malongholdsttdforum.jpg

Reactions: Alborz and Axel gib

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Sure
lets first go through the current Olympic cycle then in 2017, we can talk about the next Olympic cycle.

I am actually very interested to see how long Ma Long can last. I know Ma Lin and Wang Liqin have been around for so long but their style is slightly different. They have found ways to adapt and stay in the game for so long. I wonder if Ma Long can still be in the top 10 world rankings when he is 32 similar to what Ma Lin and Wang Liqin have done.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I am actually very interested to see how long Ma Long can last. I know Ma Lin and Wang Liqin have been around for so long but their style is slightly different. They have found ways to adapt and stay in the game for so long. I wonder if Ma Long can still be in the top 10 world rankings when he is 32 similar to what Ma Lin and Wang Liqin have done.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see not just Ma Long, but also ZJK.
I feel the generation gap has shorten in terms of years, and the huge thing is about the new ball.
Rule change can hurt player, just like how speed glue hurt Ma Lin.
So next step is to be first to adapt to next rule change, and then is to remain injury free and continue to improve backhand (Ma Long can not use 80% fh, otherwise will become another Ma Lin).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
IMHO, Ma Long is the best table tennis player and if and only if he didn't get the grand slam title he will be the most unfortunate sportsman ever in history...