Rubbers for Michael Maze Blade - Help!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Hi all,

As you can see on the sidebar, I currently use DHS PG7 with Xiom Sigma 2 Pro on FH and Tibhar Aurus on BH.

I wanted a faster blade and tried out BTY Gergely, ZJK, Donic Waldner senso carbon. I decided to get Michael Maze after trying out a friend's blade at the club. I thought I will retain the same rubber combination. However, my rubbers have worn out and I have to buy new ones.

1. How will my current combination of rubbers pair with the BTY Michael Maze blade?
2. If at all I have to change, I want to change to a slightly harder rubber on FH.
3. On the BH I love the Aurus and the control it offers. I will consider changing it only if you can give me more speed with same control. But I think changing the blade should have the same effect.

Please help out. One more thing. I don't have the money or inclination to buy Tenergy.

Thanks in advance!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Just add some more info. I played with Omega IV Pro on FH before and liked that too. Then I switched to Sigma 2 Pro for no good reason. Now, I am toying with idea of taking Xiom Tau or Evolution MX-P on FH on the MM blade. But I won't go ahead till I hear from someone more experienced/knowledgeable (I mean you!)

I train 20 hours a week on an average. I am trying to develop a double-winged attacking game although I prefer playing FH, FH, FH. :) Like Ma Long ;-)

says Ok. If you're interested tell me something. Regards
says Ok. If you're interested tell me something. Regards
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
For your FH: tenergy 05, 80 or 64, Omega IV pro
For your BH, first youhave to try Aurus to see how do you feel like. Other rubbers: Tenergy 05, 80, 64, 05-FX or even Omega IV pro.
I've tryed most of them (except 05 FX) but for me with MM blade, I prefer tenergy 05 on both wings (I stay close to table most of time and play mostly with spin rather than speed)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
For your FH: tenergy 05, 80 or 64, Omega IV pro
For your BH, first youhave to try Aurus to see how do you feel like. Other rubbers: Tenergy 05, 80, 64, 05-FX or even Omega IV pro.
I've tryed most of them (except 05 FX) but for me with MM blade, I prefer tenergy 05 on both wings (I stay close to table most of time and play mostly with spin rather than speed)

Tenergy is just too expensive. I play close and mid-distance. Not far. I am not sure I will make full use of it. That leaves me with Omega IV Pro and Aurus. I just hope the Omega IV Pro on FH on this blade doesn't limit the short game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Aurus and Sigma Euro were the only rubbers I liked on FH during the 8 months I used M. Maze, maybe Evo FX-p may work for you.
Hmm.. interesting.. Are you suggesting soft rubbers? Isn't the Maze a soft blade? FWIW, I thought hard rubbers on soft blades are 'good'. That's why I thought I will take Omega IV Pro.. Otherwise I will go with my current Sigma 2 Pro itself for the forehand.