Rubbeeeers!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Xiom vega pro if you have offensive play with your forehand, loops, counter-loops etc. It's like tenergy or even better than tenergy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Calibra LT, it is good rubber but I don't really love how it plays. Xiom Omega Pro, really good for the price. Definitely not as good as Tenergy, but, it is very good for the price. I like Xiom Omega IV Pro better, and I like Xiom Sigma II Pro better than that. But all are good rubbers and Vega is the best price.

There are a lot of good rubbers out there. But Vega Pro is a pretty good value.

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Either you love Tenergy, or you don't. If you do love it, it's the best you can get. If not, you'll have to get something similar and a can of booster haha :)

No, but seriously, It all depends on your skill and style of play. If you think butterfly is overpriced, you should be able to find options in other brands. Me myself don't like STIGA that much, of course the rubbers are just as amazing as they tell, but the quality control seems to be quite sloppy. For example you chose to play calibra, and you get two nice calibra rubbers that lasts normally long and behaves well when you play them. But the next calibra you put on can be total rubbish and just a waste of money. At least that's my experiences with STIGA rubbers. I've also got a lot of friends/teamplayers/coaches that have shared the same experiences both elite level players and regular hobby players.

BUT this was not meant to bitch around about STIGA, it was just to notice you all and maybe STIGA will read this themselves haha :)

Some good forehand rubbers I have used myself, (IM an offensive spin/speed oriented two-winged attacker ranked 67 in my country) is made by Yasaka and Donic and Butterfly. The ones I have been the most happy with from each brand are Donic Bluefire, Yasaka Rakza 7 and Butterfly Tenergy 64/80. All good rubbers.

If you want advice on other subjects, I might be able to help. Hope this will help you. :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Calibra LT, it is good rubber but I don't really love how it plays. Xiom Omega Pro, really good for the price. Definitely not as good as Tenergy, but, it is very good for the price. I like Xiom Omega IV Pro better, and I like Xiom Sigma II Pro better than that. But all are good rubbers and Vega is the best price.

There are a lot of good rubbers out there. But Vega Pro is a pretty good value.

Thing about Calibra LT is that it is a rubber with some nice strengths in some areas and kinda difficult in others.

Calibra LT is the bomb if you are at distance counter-looping incoming loops. Its low throw shoots that sucker back in a hurry with top spin. Also, if you like to take it off the bounce, especially heavy topspin balls, Calibra LT is a beast. Its low throw makes it an easier task to cover the ball and hit through it for a quick, off the bounce counter topspin. Some players do not its performance vs incoming underspin. I had little problem, but don't like its low throw. Also, if you are a hitter, LT is one of the fastest rubbers around, so LT on a fast, stiff BTY OFF++ blade makes it a hitters dream. You let opponent topspin, then you let down the hammer with a low throw rubber that is fast.

Not everyone plays that style, so many opt for a more controllable and higher throw rubber.

Having said that, Calibra LT Sound is NOTHING like LT and you have to feel it yourself on your favored BTY composite blade to know it. Calibra Sound acts a lot more like a faster, medium throw version of T05 with excellent feel, great pleasing cork sound on loops, and killer spin and control.

The regular version of Calibra LT and Calibra LT Plus are STRICTLY suitable for those who like a fast rubber with a HARD sponge. Not everyone can play with such a rubber, so many dislike Calibra LT and Plus the first session. Also, Calibra LT is not a very good match for a soft, flexy ALL+ to OFF - blade.

Some rubbers perform very well on a wide range of blades. T05, Sriver, Tibhar Aurus and Genius, and old-school Mark V are rubbers that come to mind that work well on just about any blade. That is why I use Aurus and XP 2008 Super Power on every blade I test, I know what I am getting and can learn how the blade works.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
T-Ron, In my time in Korea, I have become quite the Tibhar Pimp, but it is because they make some great rubbers. Not the only one, I like a wide range of products from different manufacturers. I can confidently say you will be impressed with Aurus on just about any blade. I see you have a Stiga blade. No doubt that thing vibrates and gives you a Tsunami warning each loop you hit. :) ... On such a blade, Tibhar Evoultion makes a lot of sense. I NEVER would recommend a soft rubber for FH, but Tibhar Evolution FX-P simply matches up like a dream. Control, overwhelming spin, pace when you hit hard. It is all there. If you had a Timo Boll Spirit or other similar blade, I would say Evolution MX-P is sweet for that.

Another rubber already mentioned and deserving a "Second" affirmation is Xiom Sigma II series. On a flexy OFF- blade, that rubber makes the ball simply MOVE OUT !! and move out with excellent spin and control with feel. Great catapult on powerloops and super control on spinny openers. Give those rubbers a thought. Sigma series is pricy, but worth it. Tibhar rubbers are also normally a bit pricy, but many places have them on sale. Several Tibhar rubbers are going for around $35 a sheet at nexy.com, but look around, you might find a distributor near you have them on sale as well. Check out the Tibhar rubbers on sale at Nexy and see if you got a distributor near you sell them around that price, if so, go local, it saves on shipping.

http://www.nexy.com/shop/step0.php?b_code=B20091201071349&c_code=C20100127063737

This user has no status.
T-Ron, In my time in Korea, I have become quite the Tibhar Pimp, but it is because they make some great rubbers. Not the only one, I like a wide range of products from different manufacturers. I can confidently say you will be impressed with Aurus on just about any blade. I see you have a Stiga blade. No doubt that thing vibrates and gives you a Tsunami warning each loop you hit. :) ... On such a blade, Tibhar Evoultion makes a lot of sense. I NEVER would recommend a soft rubber for FH, but Tibhar Evolution FX-P simply matches up like a dream. Control, overwhelming spin, pace when you hit hard. It is all there. If you had a Timo Boll Spirit or other similar blade, I would say Evolution MX-P is sweet for that.

Another rubber already mentioned and deserving a "Second" affirmation is Xiom Sigma II series. On a flexy OFF- blade, that rubber makes the ball simply MOVE OUT !! and move out with excellent spin and control with feel. Great catapult on powerloops and super control on spinny openers. Give those rubbers a thought. Sigma series is pricy, but worth it. Tibhar rubbers are also normally a bit pricy, but many places have them on sale. Several Tibhar rubbers are going for around $35 a sheet at nexy.com, but look around, you might find a distributor near you have them on sale as well. Check out the Tibhar rubbers on sale at Nexy and see if you got a distributor near you sell them around that price, if so, go local, it saves on shipping.

http://www.nexy.com/shop/step0.php?b_code=B20091201071349&c_code=C20100127063737

Thanks for all your feedback and after reading them I might take it to consideration, the evolution fx-p to replace my mark V on my FH. Thanks and God bless. :)

This user has no status.
Either you love Tenergy, or you don't. If you do love it, it's the best you can get. If not, you'll have to get something similar and a can of booster haha :)

No, but seriously, It all depends on your skill and style of play. If you think butterfly is overpriced, you should be able to find options in other brands. Me myself don't like STIGA that much, of course the rubbers are just as amazing as they tell, but the quality control seems to be quite sloppy. For example you chose to play calibra, and you get two nice calibra rubbers that lasts normally long and behaves well when you play them. But the next calibra you put on can be total rubbish and just a waste of money. At least that's my experiences with STIGA rubbers. I've also got a lot of friends/teamplayers/coaches that have shared the same experiences both elite level players and regular hobby players.

BUT this was not meant to bitch around about STIGA, it was just to notice you all and maybe STIGA will read this themselves haha :)

Some good forehand rubbers I have used myself, (IM an offensive spin/speed oriented two-winged attacker ranked 67 in my country) is made by Yasaka and Donic and Butterfly. The ones I have been the most happy with from each brand are Donic Bluefire, Yasaka Rakza 7 and Butterfly Tenergy 64/80. All good rubbers.

If you want advice on other subjects, I might be able to help. Hope this will help you. :)
What bluefire do you recommend for FH? And which one has a long durability? :)

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
What bluefire do you recommend for FH? And which one has a long durability? :)

The Bluefire JP 01 is the one I liked best. But it all depends on how you like the hardness of the rubbers. If you like medium rubbers the JP01 or the M2 is good. Soft is M3 and hard is M1. Hope this helps :)