Replacement for Sriver G2 FX

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I have been playing with Sriver G2 FX on my BH for over a year now. It is not overly sensitive to spin, not really fast, recieve's serve well, gives good control, very steady on my pushes, plays very well with short touch strokes on the table, very reliable on blocks. I consider this my control BH rubber which allow me to minimize the opponent's offense and also gives me ample defense. I would like to replicate its qualities on my other setups but its just so dannnngggg expensive.

Perhaps some of our experienced contributors can suggest rubbers with similar qualities and yet not burn holes in my pocket. What would be approximate equivalent BH rubbers from brands such as Donic, Tibhar, Andro, Nittaku, TSP, Xiom, Stiga, etc.

Helplessly awaiting for answers. Thanks

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
While it may not feel the same way, give Tibhar Aurus soft a shot. It does all the things you have described.

Another couple candidates could be Tibhar Genius and Donic Barricuda. All these rubbers emphasize control over power.

A lot of these rubbers or decently priced at nexy.com at around USD $35

http://www.nexy.com/shop/step0.php?b_code=B20091201071349&c_code=C20100127063737

Sometimes, you can find Aurus for USD $30 to $35 on sale at places such as tabletennis11.com or some other discounters sometimes...

So, look around.

Nexy international shipping is not inexpensive, but if you buy even two sheets of rubber at a good price, you overcome the shipping easy. Delivery is pretty quick. In USA, the Tibhar distributor sells most Tibhar rubber for $55 and up, so even getting 2 sheets saves me a lot over the US distributor price, unless they decide to have a fire sale. It is good to your eyes open.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
While it may not feel the same way, give Tibhar Aurus soft a shot. It does all the things you have described.

Another couple candidates could be Tibhar Genius and Donic Barricuda. All these rubbers emphasize control over power.

A lot of these rubbers or decently priced at nexy.com at around USD $35

http://www.nexy.com/shop/step0.php?b_code=B20091201071349&c_code=C20100127063737

Sometimes, you can find Aurus for USD $30 to $35 on sale at places such as tabletennis11.com or some other discounters sometimes...

So, look around.

Nexy international shipping is not inexpensive, but if you buy even two sheets of rubber at a good price, you overcome the shipping easy. Delivery is pretty quick. In USA, the Tibhar distributor sells most Tibhar rubber for $55 and up, so even getting 2 sheets saves me a lot over the US distributor price, unless they decide to have a fire sale. It is good to your eyes open.

Hello Der_Echte, I have tried Baracuda, and for me, it is very sensitive to incoming spin. It is a very good rubber though, but not for the kind of BH technique I meant to deploy. Genius just like Baracuda tops any other rubber on spin at the table. I love both rubbers and I also have and use a Genius but on my FH. I have for sometime now followed your posts and I know you are a big fan of Tibhar rubbers particularly Aurus. I also love Tibhar rubbers particularly 5Q and 1Q, and I also believe that these to rubbers are worthy replacement or even better than any Tenergy. In fact, my favorite setup at the moment has 1Q on my FH.
All these said, I think you have finally convinced me to try Aurus or Aurus soft but for my FH.
Thanks