H3 tuned vs Neo H3 untuned

This user has no status.
Hello, i have a little problem, i hope i can get some help of you:

Im using right now a DHS Neo Hurricane 3 provincial blue sponge untuned on my forehand. Its a great rubber, i really prefer the style compared to Tenergy, Xiom etc. Its just a little bit to slow for my right now. Im playing a Stiga Rosewood XO and i didnt tuned my Neo H3, cause its already blue sponge and i wanted to play it without tuning. I was researching for days and I really didnt come to a conclusion yet. I wanted to tune/boost my Neo H3 with Haifu Seamoon Booster but everybody told me to play the normal NON Neo H3, if im boosting. Im not really sure what to do, i played the rubber for like 3 month now and the rubber is done.

Should i buy myself an normal non Neo H3 and boost it or should i buy myself the Neo H3 again (both provincial or national of course) and just leave it there. My rubber isnt bad at all, but sometimes i just wish the Neo H3 would be faster, especeally when im driving and looping (and i do this a lot).

So which is better, the tuned H3 (national) or to keep the untuned Neo H3 (provincial).

Or is probably the best way for me to boost my Neo H3?

thanks for the replies. greets Butt Stallion

Reactions: Enfoftede
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
I prefer the non Neo for tuning. I have found that priming the sponge on the non Neo with several applications of speed glue and then apply 4 to 6 layers of water base glue gives H3 very good speed. I have used booster's and I think using speed glue works better. On the Neo's I always remove the factory glue so I can use the speed glue. Using several applications of speed glue seems to have an effect that stays on the H3 increasing the speed. This works for me.

This user has no status.
But speed gluing means gluing like the old times? Actually i dont want to speed glue every time before i start training, i just wanted to tune/boost and play with it at least 2 or 3 weeks till the effect is done.

so when im getting a new H3 NEO and im boosting that stuff with Haifu Seamoon Booster, you said i should remove the factory glue first?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
NO, you only do it one time and the voc's will be gone in about 2 to 3 days and pass any test for tournaments, this is the suggested method for H3. The effect of multy app. has a lasting effect, I have found that this works better than Haifu or Falco Long booster. If you use the Haifu or Falco Long booster you can apply it over the Neo factory glue (tuned) . But like I posted I prefer using the speed glue method.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
On H3 sponge I do 5 to 7 app. but I wait for the rubber to return to flat before I add the next app. The effect js lasting. but not like if you would play right after gluing in the old days, I have read where some one has speed glued 15 times before mounting the rubber,but I have found after about 5 or 6 times the rubber is not stretching any more/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
I have never bought any thing from those sites so if you do be sure and let the rest of us know your experience. The TG3 is 39 degree at least the ones that I have bought. It was suppose to be DHS answer after the glue ban, but I don't think it became very popular.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
the neo rubbers comes with a layer of tuning but by the time these rubbers get to the user and you use them the tuning effect has been gone for months
or even years8.
so basically buying a neo h3 and a regular h3 is the same.

you can even take out the booster/glue in the sponge of the neo and you will realize it's just the same rubber as a regular h3, there is no difference.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
i see, so im going to test the normal H3 National and im going to boost it or try speed glue...

i only know the h3 national/provincial is a really really high throw rubber… DOES IT FIT MY 5PLY WOOD ROSEWOOD XO or is this toooo much of high throw? my neo h3 is allright but its a little bit lower then the normal h3...

thanks man

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
its ok, feng tianwei used h3 + rosewood for some time.
xu xin used rosewood + tg3

I wouldnt buy national h3, I would just go for commercial, you won't notice any difference (i owned 3 commercial, provincial and national).
actually if you want I have a provincial and national here that I used 1 session.
I also have blue sponge neo provincial h3 used for 1 session.
I could sell them.

anyway I would go for commercial.
if you are not worried about ittf catching you I would use "haifu whale" speed glue + lemon oil.
works 100 times better than haifu or dianchi oil and is many times cheaper.
with lemoil + haifu speed glue it will last about 3 weeks and you dont even need to wait, apply one layer and play, lasts 3 weeks

Last edited: