Techniques for playing with Chinese Rubber..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Hey guys,

I recently switched to Chinese rubber after playing Euro rubber for pretty much all my table tennis life. I started with some cheap chinese and then just used Euro.

So after I've gotten better, I'm trying Chinese rubber, but I'm having some difficulty adjusting.

Please, can you offer any tips/tricks/techiniques for playing with Chinese rubber that is relatively tacky?

Thanks in advance! :D

says TBS - H3/Tengery 64 YEO - H3/Xplode
Feb 2011
work on counters first. hit the ball relatively flat at 30% effort. see how much you need to clear the net. after that try to put a bit of an up-swing to create spin. work and see what angle will give you a nice arc with speed over the net. then ramp up the power and spin to get a nice loop.

this is used whether or not you use euro or chinese/whatever rubber. it's the easiest way to get the feel of your rubber. this might take anywhere between 2 hours and 2 weeks. just depends on how fast you adapt =)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
that made sense :)
work on counters first. hit the ball relatively flat at 30% effort. see how much you need to clear the net. after that try to put a bit of an up-swing to create spin. work and see what angle will give you a nice arc with speed over the net. then ramp up the power and spin to get a nice loop.

this is used whether or not you use euro or chinese/whatever rubber. it's the easiest way to get the feel of your rubber. this might take anywhere between 2 hours and 2 weeks. just depends on how fast you adapt =)

Don

This user has no status.

Don

This user has no status.
Mar 2011

this seems like a good method thanks.

Feb 2011
you guys are very much welcome =). i try to keep it simple. it's all about getting the feel of the rubber. its going to be really hard to not 'hit' the ball rather than 'spin' it. you'll hear the sound when you hit instead of spin...it'll be a huge cracking sound.