PDA

View Full Version : Andro Rasant Turbo Rubber Review

TableTennisDaily
11-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Andro Rasant Turbo Review

TableTennisDaily had the fantastic opportunity to review Andro's latest Rasant Turbo Rubbers.

@Dan used the Treiber K blade and @Tom used the Treiber Z blade in the review which looked at the Andro Rasant Turbo rubbers on both sides of their blades. The review looks at various techniques and a range of shots used in today's modern game of table tennis. Thanks to Andro, Daniel Ives, Tom Maynard, and Kingfisher Table Tennis Club in the making of this review. For more on the Rasant Turbo Rubber visit the Andro website here. (http://www.andro.de/en/belaege/rasant-turbo.php)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8AF7E8mgiY

We hope you enjoyed this review, let us know what you think by posting below guys. Have you tried the Andro Rasant Turbo rubbers yet?

Check out more TableTennisDaily Equipment Reviews here. (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?289-TTD-Equipment-Reviews)

markog99
11-08-2013, 07:42 PM
great review.i couldnt hear what you were saying about the sponge.

i like your reviews the most because they are very objective.

nice job :)

massa
11-08-2013, 09:25 PM
How do you compare it to tenergy?

TimoRon
11-09-2013, 04:37 AM
Andro Rasant Turbo Review

TableTennisDaily had the fantastic opportunity to review Andro's latest Rasant Turbo Rubbers.

@Dan used the Treiber K blade and @Tom used the Treiber Z blade in the review which looked at the Andro Rasant Turbo rubbers on both sides of their blades. The review looks at various techniques and a range of shots used in today's modern game of table tennis. Thanks to Andro, Daniel Ives, Tom Maynard, and Kingfisher Table Tennis Club in the making of this review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8AF7E8mgiY

We hope you enjoyed this review, let us know what you think by posting below guys. Have you tried the Andro Rasant Turbo rubbers yet?

Check out more TableTennisDaily Equipment Reviews here. (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?289-TTD-Equipment-Reviews)
Hey! :) I would want to know details of it compared to the normal Rasant because all the shops have here is Andro Rasant and not the turbo version. :)

leeandrew
11-09-2013, 12:20 PM
quality review guys.
seem like really good rubbers for a relatively cheap price in todays market. andro seem to have pulled it out the bag with theses rubbers.

bzing
11-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Great review! Dan would you tell us which one you felt is spinnier and more control between the Adidas Tenzone that you've tested and Andro Rasant? I'm looking to buy a rubber that is more orientated in spin and control rather than super fast that is too uncontrollable but that it still has some speed in it. Which one that would be?

Kevin 22
11-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the review that helps a lot and really interesting. What kind of blade that do you think suitable with Andro Rasant turbo? Do you think OFF+ blade like Schlager and Amultart suitable with it ?

vvk1
11-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Another excellent review - good job. Did you really mean that the topsheet is tacky (similar to a typical Chinese rubber) or just very grippy?

jedimasterplk
11-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Great review Dan - objective and very professional

Giangt
11-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Nice review Dan!
As I remember the Andro Rasant Turbo the dwell was good on the Stiga Infinity I tested for some time ago. Service and short game was easy to perform without having the ball bouncing too high over the net. I would say the Arc was medium which was good when opening on downspin balls. How did you find the rubber on the Andro Treiber K blade?

Dan
11-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Thanks for all your nice comments guys. Glad you like the review :) I will have some more coming soon looking at some new Stiga gear such as the Infinity blade.

How do you compare it to tenergy?

Nice question Massa, I think Tenergy has a slightly harder sponge. In terms of speed Andro was faster. Tenergy is slightly spinier. Both rubbers have different qualities really.

Hey! :) I would want to know details of it compared to the normal Rasant because all the shops have here is Andro Rasant and not the turbo version. :)

Hi TimoRon I haven't tried the normal Andro Rasant so I am unable to compare. Maybe other users on here have tried both?

Great review! Dan would you tell us which one you felt is spinnier and more control between the Adidas Tenzone that you've tested and Andro Rasant? I'm looking to buy a rubber that is more orientated in spin and control rather than super fast that is too uncontrollable but that it still has some speed in it. Which one that would be?

Thanks buddy! The Rasant Turbo has more spin than the Tenzone Ultra but the Tenzone has more control I would say.

Another excellent review - good job. Did you really mean that the topsheet is tacky (similar to a typical Chinese rubber) or just very grippy?

Thanks vvk1. Sorry yes I just mean grippy. It's not as tacky as the Chinese type rubbers but still has a very good surface to grip the ball with spin.

Nice review Dan!
As I remember the Andro Rasant Turbo the dwell was good on the Stiga Infinity I tested for some time ago. Service and short game was easy to perform without having the ball bouncing too high over the net. I would say the Arc was medium which was good when opening on downspin balls. How did you find the rubber on the Andro Treiber K blade?

Thanks :) Yeah I agree with you there on the serve/receive and opening up against backspin. I think you had more dwell with the Infinity blade, the Treiber K is very fast so the dwell was not so much but still very good.

I will review the Stiga Infinity soon! I am looking forward to it! :)

Amayzde
11-10-2013, 05:09 PM
does this rubber still has good spin with agressive shots? Ive had alot of rubbers that had good spin on slow loops but lag spin on agressive shots

Dan
11-10-2013, 05:14 PM
does this rubber still has good spin with agressive shots? Ive had alot of rubbers that had good spin on slow loops but lag spin on agressive shots

Good question. I think a lot of this will be down to ones technique also. If you look in the video you can see when we hit the ball fairly hard we are still getting a fair amount of spin. Generally when I hit an aggressive shot I open the bat angle a little more to get more power so my shot is slightly more flatter.

Amayzde
11-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Good question. I think a lot of this will be down to ones technique also. If you look in the video you can see when we hit the ball fairly hard we are still getting a fair amount of spin. Generally when I hit an aggressive shot I open the bat angle a little more to get more power so my shot is slightly more flatter.

Okay thanks, I might try it on my forehand not sure yet. thanks for this review!

Dan
11-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Okay thanks, I might try it on my forehand not sure yet. thanks for this review!

No worries, and awesome. Let me know how you find it if you use it.

Arne
11-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Another wonderful review! Very objective and easy to understand, nice job :)
I probably won't test it, because it's too fast for me, but who knows?? ;)
Looking forward to the Stiga Infinity review!

bzing
11-13-2013, 06:49 AM
Dan how does it compare to Bluefire M1, what are the pros and cons of both Bluefire M1 vs Rasant Turbo?

Because I need to buy a new rubber for my FH, I'm thinking of just buying M1 because it's cheap, but maybe you could convince me that Rasant Turbo has some hidden abilities that outweigh the Bluefire M1 and is better in some way? Is it spinnier?

jedimasterplk
11-13-2013, 11:35 AM
No chance is it spinnier than M1 mate. M1 is better, or at least on a par, with T05 in that department, and many others. If you have the hand speed and technique to fully use it, M1 is an upgrade to Tenergy in all respects in my opinion.

Dan
11-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Dan how does it compare to Bluefire M1, what are the pros and cons of both Bluefire M1 vs Rasant Turbo?

Because I need to buy a new rubber for my FH, I'm thinking of just buying M1 because it's cheap, but maybe you could convince me that Rasant Turbo has some hidden abilities that outweigh the Bluefire M1 and is better in some way? Is it spinnier?

Hi bzing, I have never tried Bluefire M1 but I will be doing a review on this Donic rubber soon so stay tuned and I can find out the similarities and differences then :)

Pongfinity
11-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Really nice review once again! :) The analyze is very specific and versatile, I'm sure a lot of people has good use of these reviews so they know which rubbers they should buy :)

Btw, there were some really nice points in the video too :D Andro Rasant seems good :)

bzing
11-13-2013, 04:35 PM
That's nice that you'll be doing a review of bluefire. And it'd be brilliant really if you also did Tibhar Evolution especially Mx-P as Bluefire is already widely known and tested and it's been now for a while. It'd be even more useful since lot of people says it is not an easy rubber to use, certainly not for someone that just starting table tennis. Also I've heard it plays like Rasant so it'd be interesting if you shared what do you think of Mx-P as well!

Amayzde
11-24-2013, 04:06 PM
No worries, and awesome. Let me know how you find it if you use it.

Hi Dan,

I finally got to use it and I have to say that the speed is just unreal. The first balls never saw any table with looping but when I got more used to the rubber it was a very comfortable rubber and I was also able to get good spin. Once I started playing in a practice match and really did more agressive shots the most balls where lost... but at the end of the match I found the right way to hit the ball.

Dan
11-25-2013, 08:47 AM
Hi Dan,

I finally got to use it and I have to say that the speed is just unreal. The first balls never saw any table with looping but when I got more used to the rubber it was a very comfortable rubber and I was also able to get good spin. Once I started playing in a practice match and really did more agressive shots the most balls where lost... but at the end of the match I found the right way to hit the ball.

Hey Amayzde.

We found very similar. Great to here you found it comfortable. Yeah it takes some adaption but once you get use to it, its very nice. Your right about the spin to! Thanks for the review.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Stefan Brankovic
03-22-2014, 07:50 PM
I have 2 questions . First is what ball do you use for your reviews : old or the new one ? And second , what side would this rubber be better ( your opinion ) ?

Blocker99
04-21-2014, 08:05 PM
Hey guys,

can anybody compare andro rasant turbo with donic bluefire m1?

Greetings

Blocker99

Amayzde
04-21-2014, 08:23 PM
Hey guys,

can anybody compare andro rasant turbo with donic bluefire m1?

Greetings

Blocker99

I used both of them for only one session;

Bluefire M1 is fast has a high throw and when looping the ball somethimes went into inprediceble directions with the same stroke like into the net of off the table I didnt like it at all.

The Andro Rasant Turbo has a lower throwangle than the m1, was fast and was more sensitive to spin but still easier to play with.

Didnt play alot with them but in practice matches I missed alot of shots with the M1 but it was somehow easier to counter right after the bounce and with the Rasant Turbo was also easy to counter with less efford but was more sensitive to spin so I could not counter too hard or the ball flew off. But it was easier to topspin without missing my shots.