Might need to change blade

This user has no status.
Ok so I am just wondering if having a slower blade really will make big difference for someone of my level. At the moment I am just up and down big time. Mentally and physically due to work.
Currently using the Maze OFF. and wondering if going all the way down to an ALL or ALL+ blade like Stiga all classic or Joola Wing Medium or Joola wing passion medium would really make a difference in my consistency. Literally in everything. Sometimes I am just so inconsistent and I dont even hit hard as I am not a power player. So if i have no power and my consistency is not so good then what am i to do?

I tried using the Samsonov Alpha but it didnt seem to change my consistency. So would a big drop in speed help?

I know some of u are going to say practise practise practise but with my new job i really just dont have enough time any more until i move house . So I am just wondering if a change in equipment would help a little or not

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
I`ll give you some advice.TRAIN.put many balls on the table.do that with half your power so there are realy many balls on the table,if you get at least 20 per ball every time, then go with more power,thats how you get consistency

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
sometimes a new blade/rubber can give you new motivation and more self-confidence ;) Just test your old blade for 2 or 3 weeks, take it one step at a time probably you will regain your consistency and your power ;) you are uncertain
When you are at a dead end change your blade or your rubbers ;) Which rubbers do you play ?

I recommend the Butterfly Primorac OFF- , if you change from Off directly to ALL the difference would be to gross ;)

This user has no status.
I`ll give you some advice.TRAIN.put many balls on the table.do that with half your power so there are realy many balls on the table,if you get at least 20 per ball every time, then go with more power,thats how you get consistency
the problem with this as i said is that i do not have time to train anymore due to work. that is until i move house. But i will do this if i ever get the chance to practise. thanks

sometimes a new blade/rubber can give you new motivation and more self-confidence ;) Just test your old blade for 2 or 3 weeks, take it one step at a time probably you will regain your consistency and your power ;) you are uncertain
When you are at a dead end change your blade or your rubbers ;) Which rubbers do you play ?

I recommend the Butterfly Primorac OFF- , if you change from Off directly to ALL the difference would be to gross ;)

Maze OFF with Nimbus Sound FH and Palio Thors BH. Maybe I should put them on my Samsonov Alpha again?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Never played these rubber , test it and maybe try it on a primorac off- but allow enough time to decide I needed a half month for my new combination ;) once i needed 2 month to deal with my raquet but I never changed it and it paid off ;) Trust your blade and you will play at your best ;) My raquet is my second heart , if someone broke it, I would kill him :D I already hate it if a person touches my blade and if he touches my rubbers ....*angry*

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I dont know your level, but I suppose you can spin the ball a little.

For me you got 2 options: You can change your blade and rubbers to a slower blade and slower rubbers, which will give you more control, but less power. If you are a player that makes his points with attack this will be a problem because your blade is slower and you wont be able to make points easily, because your attacks will be slower, so your oponent will bring more balls back then before and you will have to attack more before you have the point but with no training you lack consistency, so with no consistency you cant make several topspins in a row so you will miss more balls then you will hit the table. The more you miss the more you start to doubt and the worse you are going to play.

Another thing I would like to say is, I see many people in my club changing to a slower blade because they are playing not as they use to play at the beginning of the season and has to put more effort to make their points and a logic result of this is injury. Lots of people underestimate this but it will happen.

If you stay with your "faster" blade, you will maybe make more mistakes but in my opinion its only a matter of time. You always played with this blade and these rubbers and you played good with them before, so im 100% sure you will play good again with them. If I have a period where I'm not playing my best game and im sure everyone has those times, I also think of changing rubbers and blade and all that but dont do it, it will only make you play better for a few weeks and then its going downhill again.

The combination of rubbers and blade you play with now suits your game the best, if you change something, you will get better at some areas but get worse at others.

So my advice to you, dont change anything, it will come back. And if you have to play a match, i would suggest you try to come a little earlier and warm up longer so you got more feeling.

And another thing, from your first post I may assume you are not a professional player, so always keep in mind, table tennis is your hobby and work is far more important than this. When you dont have to work as much as you do now, you can train more and get better again, its good sometimes to play a little less, your hunger for the game will come back and you will play even better than before :)