New blade decision

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Hey guys, so after weeks of researching and reading reviews, I have finally come to a conclusion.

Blade: Timo boll ZLF
FH Rubber: Tenergy 05-FX 2.1 mm or Tenergy 05 1.9mm
BH Rubber: Tenergy 80 1.9 mm

Other rubber option

FH Rubber: Tenergy 80 1.9mm
BH Rubber: Tenergy 64 1.9mm

I am a mid distance looper with medium spin shots and also likes to go for 3rd ball attack kill.
I have played on a M.Maze blade before with tenergy 05-FX an i really liked the feeling when the ball hit the bat. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether the Timo boll ZLF is similar to the M.Maze. Another thing about me is that i like harder rubbers on the BH side and slightly softer rubber on the FH side.Please tell me your thoughts an whether it will be suitable for me or not.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Okay ive had some experience with tenergy and this are the things i know;

I recomend the FX versions ONLY for the BACKHAND. Especially if you are an attacker who like to '3rd ball kill' because harder sponges are better for agressive shots.
Also I recomend using atleast 2.1 mm on the forehand.

So I would go with Tenergy 05 2.1 on the Forehand and tenergy 80 on the backhand.

And also if you like feeling then you should stick the the michael maze blade because the ZLF is an extremely fast blade. Someone in our club uses it and if he plays against me his topspins are so fast I cant catch up.

ofcaourse you dont have to do this but its just my opinion, goodluck!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Fast blade and fast rubber options are only for the pro's or people with very evolved European techniques,comparatively slower blade and faster rubbers are more standard. I would stick to the existing blade. If you want to go for Tenergies go for 05 2.1 on both sides first. If you are not able to control your back hand then get it down to 64. I would not advise anything else. FX is not very PRO rubber, personally I like 05 on both sides more. I have tried O5 FX ( screwed my back hand technique at first ) , tried 64 , too soft and loses power very quickly for the price it comes at but definitely a better backhand rubber than most in the tenergy line up. Let me know if you have any further questions which I can help you with. Also PM Carl , he is the guru with setups

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
The thing is I feel that Tenergy 05 is really hard for me. So I prefer the FX version more, but I like slightly harder sponges on the BH.

This user has no status.
The thing is I feel that Tenergy 05 is really hard for me. So I prefer the FX version more, but I like slightly harder sponges on the BH.

Well if thats really the case then you should get th FX version. depends on your attacking style, I like to loop agressive on the peek of the bounce but maybe you like to let the ball drop a little and the loop with alot of topspin. but whatever rubber you are getting on your forehand always get 2.1 or 2.2 mm because when your an attacker and you get a 2.0 mm sponge or thinner its a waste in my opinion